• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fall/Winter Projects

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Kinda thought we'd better finish harvesting before we tie into any "new" projects.

BUT, if and when the crops in, and the straw is hauled, we plan on trenching in a shallow water line about 1 1/2 miles from our pasture well to create another watering site in another pasture.

I also hope to weld a couple of 30 feet steel panels out of drill stem - I need to replace a section of fence and the GRRRRRR rocks seem to keep me from pounding a post thats straight. Not that the cows care, but sticking rails on a crooked set of posts means I might need some 14 foot rails and some 18 foot rails.

Then, I'd sure like to fix up our bathroom but the "one-in-charge-of the-moola" might object!

What projects are you planning?

1. Get last cuttin of hay cut n baled
2. Plant rye grass
3.When or if it ever rains again, finish a cross fence that's been started for a while.
4. Possibly dig a tank (pond) or two
5. If there's any time left over or weather too bad to work outside, hopefully get a log cabin quilt made.

Oh and need more firewood

1. Finish combining.
2. Bale straw.
3. Clean corrals.
4. Build a fence out in the field for when the cows are home this winter.
5. Change oil in all the tractors and combine, and put away for winter.
6. Haul bales home.
7. Bring cows home in December.

That should take us well into January! :frowns: :help:

Geee Shelly, sounds like our lists are similar. Above all of that we've still got to fix some corral that was damaged by the flooding in the spring. Our lists are backloged and there isn't enough of us two to go around. Was hoping to get the barn painted but I'm not sure if that will happen now cause the poor weather forcast.

Not necessarily in this order:

Finish calving the older cows
Get them worked and branded
get water lines to water tanks winterized.
get waterers set (they are frost free, I HATE them :x ) for winter
clean pens
clear up the garden
finish canning
build some new fence to replace some ancient, falling down cr**.
repair a waterer
get fire fighter winterized and put away, also sprayer
get firewood
cut down branches and trees that broke with this last snowfall we had
drain water lines in shop in town, turn off power
Feeding MGA now, get heifers AI bred in Nov, Synch and AI Cows in Nov/Dec

That's off the top of my head. I imagine I can think of more if I gave myself a few more minutes... There's just the two of us, but we'll get it done, eventually.

House painting mainly.

For fun I'm making DVD's of each of the grandkids for their parents made from two years worth of video clips of them doing things, fooling around, playing with their cousins etc and including snapshots and a musical background.
Plenty of goofy shots to choose from. Three are finished and one more to go.

Yeap those are on my list too, since I will be using those for Christmas Cards instead of the traditional card. ................but but I'm not done takin pics for the year yet. Figure as soon as the Christmas tree goes up I'll take my last ones for the year, get em all on the program and then start burnin cd/dvd's and mailin em out.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Yeap those are on my list too, since I will be using those for Christmas Cards instead of the traditional card. ................but but I'm not done takin pics for the year yet. Figure as soon as the Christmas tree goes up I'll take my last ones for the year, get em all on the program and then start burnin cd/dvd's and mailin em out.

One problem I learned after mailing some out, the CDs can only be played on newer DVD players. The older DVD players can't "read" them. :cry: :evil: :mad:

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Yeap, I've heard that. but my program is for either computer or dvd...sposta play in both. we shall see. Last years was one that would only play in computer.

Ours play on SOME DVDs and SOME computers.

Hanta Yo said:
Not necessarily in this order:

Finish calving the older cows
Get them worked and branded
get water lines to water tanks winterized.
get waterers set (they are frost free, I HATE them :x ) for winter
clean pens
clear up the garden
finish canning
build some new fence to replace some ancient, falling down cr**.
repair a waterer
get fire fighter winterized and put away, also sprayer
get firewood
cut down branches and trees that broke with this last snowfall we had
drain water lines in shop in town, turn off power
Feeding MGA now, get heifers AI bred in Nov, Synch and AI Cows in Nov/Dec

That's off the top of my head. I imagine I can think of more if I gave myself a few more minutes... There's just the two of us, but we'll get it done, eventually.

10/20/05 Cross off 2 lines

10/22/05 Cross off 1 line

Latest posts