• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Farmers' Almanac

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher

Reaction score
The Farmers' Almanac warns that the coming winter will bring unusually sharp fluctuations in temperature, and says readers "may be reminded of riding a roller, or in this case, 'polar' coaster."

"Mother Nature seems to be in the mood for some amusement this winter season," the almanac said in its 2006 edition, just off the presses.

The coldest weather will be in the Northeast, which also will get plenty of snow, the almanac said. It predicts cold weather for the South and Mid-Atlantic regions and snowy but mild weather in the Great Lakes and Midwest.

Parts of the Rockies and the Great Plains may have drier-than-normal weather, adding to the area's continuing drought, but wetter-than-normal weather is predicted for the Pacific Northwest and lower Texas.

Jinglebob, I go by my dog on predictions. Hasn't been wrong yet.

rancher said:
The Farmers' Almanac warns that the coming winter will bring unusually sharp fluctuations in temperature, and says readers "may be reminded of riding a roller, or in this case, 'polar' coaster."

"Mother Nature seems to be in the mood for some amusement this winter season," the almanac said in its 2006 edition, just off the presses.

The coldest weather will be in the Northeast, which also will get plenty of snow, the almanac said. It predicts cold weather for the South and Mid-Atlantic regions and snowy but mild weather in the Great Lakes and Midwest.

Parts of the Rockies and the Great Plains may have drier-than-normal weather, adding to the area's continuing drought, but
wetter-than-normal weather is predicted for the Pacific Northwest and lower Texas. [/quote
]

That is old news around here rancher,every winter same old thing,slop thru mudd all winter,soon as it warms up enough to grow grass,rains turn off till it turns cold again...................good luck

Yeap here in texas where we are we don't guage winter by the temperature..we guage it by how much mud we have and how hard it is to spin thru the pasture to check cows. LOL

Rancher- NOAA (the weather boys) are predicting Above Normal Temps-Below Normal Moisture for December thu March for Montana and much of the west........

Probably about as good as the Farmers Almanac, or flipping a coin or even Ol Agmans Ouija board.......

But since I have about double the hay and grazing of an average year I predict it will be an open and mild winter......

rancher said:
Jinglebob, I go by my dog on predictions. Hasn't been wrong yet.

rancher IM getting a couple fields turned so I can plant oats,ask you dog if IM wasting diesel.....................good luck

Rancher - The wife's buggin me to plant the pansies a little early this year. Could you get your dog to agree with me that I should wait another month?

Tell him I'll send some dog biscuits but not to take it as a bribe. :wink:

I happen to be a self proclaimed weather expert.....you keep track of the temps and moisture, then send me the info.... in July I will tabulate everything and let you know what kind of winter you had.

I get it 100% correct every time!!

Latest posts