• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Farrier Schools

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mayberry1981

Reaction score
Well if oil prices keep dropping I may be looking at a lay off in around 6 months. Since my wife now has a job making good money (more than me I am not ashamed to add) I have decided to go ahead and jump on an opportunity I've been wanting to pursue for several years now. There is a lack of farriers around my area and I could make income working with horses, something I love. My question is does anyone have any experience with the Texas Horseshoeing School and the Oklahoma Horseshoeing School? I would prefer the school in Texas as it is closer to home but in the end I want to get the most benefit for a future career. Of course oil may go back up and this will become moot but I would appreciate any advice I can get from y'all.

I'm only 33 so everything is still holding together pretty well right now. I'm no stranger to back breaking work, it's all I've ever done save for my current job. I've been looking at the Texas school online and like what I see. LOL BMR sometimes I feel the same way when dealing with ornery critters.

Faster horses said:
Well, not only could I not send you a PM, I couldn't edit the post from above. :cry: :help:
At least I learned how to add emoticons, thanks to BMR who is a beacon of knowledge... :D
If you wish to send someone a PM related to one of their posts, click on the 'Contact" icon below that member's profile information on the right side of the post. Click on the icon that shows up and a PM window will open quoting that post. Additionally, you can still go to that member's profile page as usual and follow the link to private message that member.

For editing posts, look for the small pencil at the top of the post that you wish to edit. It's possible that those are disappearing after a certain period of time, meaning that you lose the ability to edit after a certain time. I'll contact Macon and see if that can be changed.

Latest posts