• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fast Eddie

Help Support Ranchers.net:

meat_fire

Reaction score
I do not post much here, mostly just read and try to learn from everyone. My friend and co worker who went by name of Fast Eddie posted some stuff as well (mostly jokes or neat videos), but just read most of time as well. He really enjoyed all the pictures and jokes that were posted here
Today Fast Eddie passed away. It was unexpected. Not sure how many knew, but Fast Eddie had been confined to a wheel chair for about the past 20 years from a freak car accident.
One thing about Eddie is he never complained and always wanted to do stuff for himself. He never wanted a door opened, always wanted do things himself. It may took him 10 times as long to do something as it would you and me, but he always wanted to pull his own way. Always had a smile and laugh and most of time a joke to tell as well.
For the last couple years he would ride his wheel chair one hour each way from his house to come to work and then recharge it back up and ride it back home for another hour.
He hated the cold, but made it even in winter. One time he got stuck in a hole in the field going home and it was about 32 and drizzlng. I had to call the fire dept to come help get him out as his chair weighs around 800 lbs. Once they got him out and he was soaking wet from everything, he still wanted to continue to ride home in his wheel chair in the rain. Finally a cute nurse in the aumblance convinced him to ride back in the back with her. We all ribbed him about that. But that was the way he was, he never wanted anyone to go out of their way for him. Good thing she did as his wheel chair motor had been sumerged into water too long and went completly out shortly after they got him home.
He will be missed. He loved reading all he stuff on here and especially all the pictures. It amazes me how he could even type and his hand were basically in a semi closed fist all the time. but he would take a pen or pencil and hit that keyboard.
Thanks to all yall who brighten his day by posting and replying to his posts.

Sorry to hear about Fast Eddie.
I do remember some of yours and his posts, I knew you guys had some inside jokes, :D

From what you described I'm sure Eddie won't have any pot holes to get stuck in where he is going.

Don't be a stranger to ranchers. :)

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. Would never have guessed of his difficulties. A great example, for sure. So sorry for the loss of your friend .

my sympathies to you, but what a great tribute to Fast Eddie you gave, thanks! :)

[/b]So sorry to hear the news about FastEddie...but thanks for giving us a little insight to his life...my thoughts are with his family.

Oh....you made me cry! I often read the posts you two made....I didn't know he was in a wheelchair. There's so many health issues that go along with that type of injury. I'm so Sorry for your loss cause I could tell you guys were good friends..... :cry:

Thankyou for sharing this with us, he sounds like the kind of person we should all aspire to be.

Latest posts