• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

faster horses--new gate sign

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Heres the new gate sign that Grandma and the kids got me for a Christmas present...I had to wait to put it up until Grandma was around because she didn't trust me to get it straight or level...I don't know why she worried because none of my fence is that straight or level :wink: :lol:

signzoomed.jpg

And heres what the turnoff from the road into our place now looks like-

sign.jpg

You could have the artist put a little more metal in the area of your cowboy belly to make it more realistic. :wink:

Are those two holes between the eyes of that skull what I think they are. How did you get her to stand still for the second one?

On second thought - I guess those are nail holes. An old fart like you could not have that steady of a hand for one shot let alone two.

Nice sign. Even the red white and blue one.

nice lookin sign.... I found this dead skunk, and now I know EXACTLY where I am gonna leave it!

jigs said:
nice lookin sign.... I found this dead skunk, and now I know EXACTLY where I am gonna leave it!

rkaiser
Are those two holes between the eyes of that skull what I think they are. How did you get her to stand still for the second one?

On second thought - I guess those are nail holes. An old fart like you could not have that steady of a hand for one shot let alone two.

Yep--kaiser- they are what you think they are--a double tap--but I usually don't get them lined up that straight- altho usually they are closer together :wink: :lol:
And jigs- I can see the sign right from my office and kitchen table windows- at about 100 yards I quesstimate..... :wink: :lol:

That's a good lookin sign OT,that wife of yours has good taste,................good luck & Happy New Year

Very nice sign....your wife deserves special treatment for gettin you a present like that for Christmas. :D

I like the skull and wagon wheel too. But I gotta ask.....the 131 on the fence post...what's that? Is it a Mile Marker sign?.........that's what our MM signs look like except the state furnishes the metal post they go on :wink:

Yep Soap that is a small wheel...I can't remember what Dad told me it was off from-- I think it was a wood wheeled truck, if anyone ever heard of such a creature :???:

Lily--- the 131 is the county mapping number-- means the turn off is 1.3 miles down Britzman Road- and the house is .1 of a mile off the road on the south side of the road...

Jassy- I thought just having me was a daily present for her :wink: :lol:
Actually she is wearing the prettiest bluish/purplish coat that is covered with running horses, that shes been wanting for some time--and a new beautful baby blue sweater to keep her cold blood warmed up....

The sign was made by an old friend that retired from wheat farming a couple years ago-sold the farm and all his machinery- but still had a big shop in town, so started building signs and stuff...I had forgot he made them...We had talked years ago that we would like one of those- but it couldn't be one of those huge ones because of the space- and the room needed bringing trucks and machinery in.....

Someday- I have to get a picture of my cousins sign that his daughters bought him...Its the most unique one I've ever saw....Its a big long one that has a cowboy on a 4 wheeler chasing 3 cows and calves with a couple of dogs and one dog riding along on the 4 wheeler....Just perfect- as that is usually how you see him moving cows anymore since he's put a few years on...

Latest posts