• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Feed oughta be reasonable this winter

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
corn.jpg

I just got 2 semi loads of corn screenings for $54 a ton delivered it weighs 33#s per 5 gal bucket we sent in a sample yeasterday I will inform you all on how it tested in a few days..I am waiting for a price on a load of dryed distillers grain...

Aurora Coop has approx 7.25 million bushels on the ground. And we are sitting on 40 thousand hoping someone will have room to take it this winter.

I'll try to get a picture of the pile near me. One guy said that the pile had 185,000 bushels of corn.

HAY MAKER said:

Haymaker- You should see the piles of $1.50 a bushel low protein wheat laying in piles like that around our country- sale price won't pay the freight cost to ship it......

Makes you wonder how people in some nations can be starving--But our government, in its infinite wisdom, is still importing and buying up beef and grain from other nations :???:

Use to be you figured what a load was worth as it left the field.This year all you thought of was how much it was costing you to leave the field.

all depends on stiff you mix I guess....

3words --- can of coke runs 50 cents each here. corn was posted at 1.48 yesterday.

Imagine the look on the store owners face when you dump 1 1/2 tonnes of corn on his cash register to pay for a new pair of work boots. Or the optometrist when you back a tandem load of corn up to the front door to pay for your new bifocals!

:lol:

I often wonder if the only REAL cure to this economic rape of agriculture is another great depression. let all the "paper money" guys belly up , and those of us out here who know how to live on nothing can come back stonger.

something has to give or this country is in serious trouble

Around Rochester,MN the elevator is only paying 98 cents for a bushel of corn.

feeder said:
Around Rochester,MN the elevator is only paying 98 cents for a bushel of corn.

Feeder- calf prices jumped a dime here last week- especially on the heavies...In talking with the buyers and the truckers (sometimes the best source, because many of them farm and feed too) from your area- they are saying that it is because of the facts that 1. trucks are finally freeing up to move the calves left and fuel prices have moderated 2. many in the midwest are reallizing the amount of cheap feed and grazing around that they need to use some way (can't sell it) 3. the shortage of calves left to buy up out of the country and the fact they are realizing there ain't enough left to eat it all ....This country up here is about shipped out of calves except for the heifer run of those that retain their heifers and feed until Feb-Still a few more big auction sales scheduled (5000 head) before the end of the month--but then they are all gone......

Only have one sort of 150 steers to work next week- and he will be one of the last shippers of the contracted calves to go......

Two record corn crops behind 5 or 6 (at least) drought years, and a fuel market that whacked 1/2 of the bullracks in the country. Pretty interesting market. I've heard of $3.25 a mile loaded freight. What are the rates in Montana? Are trucks hard to come by? Just curious, I don't haul critters, just the feed. If anyone ever needs it again.

Latest posts