• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Feeding Cows Today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

randiliana

Reaction score
I finally took some photos, and here they are. It's a pretty limited selection though. - 13C here this morning, almost no snow left, but man is it icy. Cows are about 4 weeks out from calving now...

IMG_9379640x512_zps96f47c1a.jpg

IMG_9378640x439_zpscd8cb9f1.jpg

IMG_9370640x412_zpsaae8e850.jpg

IMG_9368640x435_zpsef980b2e.jpg

IMG_9363640x427_zps35ddc645.jpg

IMG_9358640x426_zps3770dcce.jpg

Looking good! Cows have lots of cover but your ground sure doesn't!

Wish we could send you at least a foot of our snow to help out . . . :?

burnt said:
Looking good! Cows have lots of cover but your ground sure doesn't!

Wish we could send you at least a foot of our snow to help out . . . :?

We had a decent snow cover up to about a week or 10 days ago. Then we had about a week of above 0 temps and a couple at the end that were +6 or better and windy. Took care of the snow, and the creeks even started to run. Then it froze up hard again.... Pretty dangerous walking out there now, the cows are pretty cautious.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more snow....

Same deal here south of Calgary........warm temps & water everywhere. Then it froze up & icy ......had to go to town to buy sand so cows could get some traction on the trail into the stock tank to water. Pretty Dangerous really, almsot fell when I was putting salt out a few days ago.

I took a bad fall yesterday so I found my old "Boot Chains" - - - I had to use a little baling twine and will pick up a new pair soon but we have about a inch or more of ice under the snow - - - it is funny to watch the dogs fall but they are close enough to the ground they don't seem to get hurt.

I landed flat on my back and knocked the wind out - - - thought I might have re broken some ribs but I feel better ( sore ) today and should be back to normal in a few more days.

BootChains_zpsc69d2959.jpg
[/url]

These don't look like much but they sure make a difference on ice.[/img]

Latest posts