• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Feeding Pics, Last Week in -0 Weather, 10 of them!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

k_ranch

Reaction score
DSCN2505-cakedropping.jpg

Cows Enjoying Cake

DSCN2508-2.jpg

DSCN2512-littlehelper.jpg

Dad's Helper

DSCN2514-cattlecomingtohay.jpg

Cows Coming To Hay

DSCN2515-feedinghay.jpg

Feeding Hay

DSCN2518-2.jpg

Hay is fed in quick order, cows are nice and strung out.

DSCN2520-lukedrivestractor.jpg

"When I grow up, I'm going to be your hired man, Dad"

DSCN2524-lookingoutthetractor.jpg

Heading back for the gate, good time to check over the herd.

DSCN2532-2.jpg

Out The Gate

DSCN2537-downtheroad.jpg

Down The Road For Home

:!: Just a note- I am always very careful when I bring my kids with me to help... I even have gone as far as to weld a safety chain on the inside of the tractor door to prevent it from ever flying open. My kids mean the world to me and although I cutely posed my son for some pics, don't let him drive alone. He is my constant companion since his mom went back to teacing in January.

You are a lucky man and that is a very lucky little boy.

Great pictures. Like Soapweeds outfit, your cows and equipment look well-cared for!

Glad that you mentioned the safety deal. In this area a few years ago, a little boy was in the tractor with his dad. Dad got out to open the gate and the little fella must have put the tractor in gear. Away it went, dad tried to get in, the tractor knocked him down and ran the full length of dad. He was able to get up, but couldn't walk. He watched the tractor leaving with his small son inside, and he was helpless.

The tractor went through some corrals and came to a stop at the very edge of the creek bank, which was very steep. When they didn't come to the house, others went looking for them and found them. The dad at the gate and the tractor quite aways away. The key was on and the tractor did not run out of fuel, but yet it stopped, right on the brink of the creek. Everything turned out okay. And this community sure does believe in miracles.

Nice pictures, k_ranch. Your little guy is being raised right, and will know how to be a good cowhand by following in Dad's footsteps.

Good looking feed outfit also. Your cows look well cared for and quite content.

Welcome aboard k_ranch! :) You are also in Gods Country! Nice outfit-cattle and equipment are well cared for nice to see. And the family that is the most important part-keep on raising them to follow in your footsteps(well some of them anyway). Have a great day and glad the weather has warmed up some!

Thanks for sharing your day K_ranch,looks like you have good cattle,good equipment and a good helper :wink: ................good luck

Thanks everyone.

Yes Faster horses, we had a similar thing happen. Two of my boys and their grampa were following me around from pasture opening and closing gates as I fed hay to different groups fo cattle. As grampa closed the gate one of the boys pulled the automatic shifter into reverse. It was a old jeep pickup, no safety with brake needing to be pushed to get in gear. It scooted backwards and hit the h-brace. Nobody hurt just scared and mad people. I insist pickups/tractors be shut off when kids alone. Little buggers just to curious.

Cute Kid, I appreciate the fact you are aware of safety enuff to not even let the appearance of carelessness slide, Glad to have some more photo-blogs or journals,

PPRM

What is so endearing about little kids with glasses? They look sweeter or perhaps more vulnerable.

Our daughter started wearing glasses when she was only 2 years old. What a deal that was, but she kept them on because they did help her so much. She was able to quit wearing them in high school and doesn't need glasses yet today.

Great looking set of cows and pics.

I lived in Brookings 7 years and miss it sometimes.

Keep the pics coming. I'd send some of our area if I'd take the time to learn how.

this is my littlest one and his 10 year old brother.....Riley got his glasses shortly before Christmas and goes nowhere without them now!! Alot of folks comment on his looks with the glasses...his cousin calls him "Buddy Holly", but most think he looks like the kid on "JerryMcGuire"!! Your boy looks so much like mine that I had to share!!

By the way...good looking cattle ya got there and good-looking "hand" ya got helping out!! Nothing wrong with taking the kiddo with ya....if mine had his way, he'd much rather go with dad than go to Kindergarten..anytime!! :D

[/img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c109/ranchwife/DSCN0296.jpg

Welcome k_ranch great pics. Your very lucky to be able to sepnd so much time with your son. :D ENJOY it ...soon enough he wont be able to get away fast enough LOL

MsSage said:
Welcome k_ranch great pics. Your very lucky to be able to sepnd so much time with your son. :D ENJOY it ...soon enough he wont be able to get away fast enough LOL

I have three sons and even tho' they have to leave us to make a living, they never wanted to run away from me or their mother or this ranch. All would be more than happy to return and spend the rest of their lives here, if they could make a living on this small place. Take heart, not all run! :wink: Some have to be pushed away! :wink:

LOL well I guess I am dealing with a preteen and a teen right now.....uugggggg hmmmm you said they have t be pushed??? ya mean I can PUSH them??? heheheheheheheheheh
Sorry preteen is never mind it would be TMI

Do you mind if I print off some of your feeding pics? ...I want to add them to the poster board for the kids doing the cattle project.

Jinglebob ...TMI = Too Much Information
She is going through a stage right now poor thing :? Kinda like ..."the sap is rising?"

MsSage said:
Do you mind if I print off some of your feeding pics? ...I want to add them to the poster board for the kids doing the cattle project.

MsSage don't mind a bit. I have more showing more detail if you need,and also hay pics.

k_ranch said:
MsSage said:

MsSage don't mind a bit. I have more showing more detail if you need,and also hay pics.

shoud've said putting up hay in the summer

ranchwife said:
this is my littlest one and his 10 year old brother.....Riley got his glasses shortly before Christmas and goes nowhere without them now!! Alot of folks comment on his looks with the glasses...his cousin calls him "Buddy Holly", but most think he looks like the kid on "JerryMcGuire"!! Your boy looks so much like mine that I had to share!!

By the way...good looking cattle ya got there and good-looking "hand" ya got helping out!! Nothing wrong with taking the kiddo with ya....if mine had his way, he'd much rather go with dad than go to Kindergarten..anytime!! :D

[/img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c109/ranchwife/DSCN0296.jpg

We didn't see this pic you posted, Ranchwife, but the pics of Riley you shared with us while watching the demo driver play basketball looks EXACTLY like Ralphie in "The (or) A Christmas Story" who so desperately wanted the "Red Ryder" air rifle. I made a comment to sw on the way home and he said that's EXACTLY who he looks like!!

My mom used to say, "somewhere on this earth there is a "twin" who will look just like you". I think Riley found his with the "Ralphie" actor.

Latest posts