• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Feinsteins Respect the Marriage Act

Help Support Ranchers.net:

MoGal

Reaction score
IF passed, this will repeal the defense of Marriage act passed in 1996 and will FORCE every state to embrace same sex marriage.

This is an abomination of God's laws and will bring judgment on this nation and we seem to be determined to do that these last few years.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/?a=Files.Serve&File_id=672adbf4-c842-4e74-95f7-452a2e00151a

Evidently this bill although introduced in 2011 is about to be voted on by the Senate because I just got a phone call about it.

I am quite sure mainstream media will find some movie star, music singer or sports figure to inundate the news with on the day this is voted on so to distract the public from the real issues.

Ad spotlights Republican support for gay marriage

Posted by
CNN's Kevin Liptak

(CNN) - Prominent Republicans who support marriage rights for same-sex couples are the focus of a new million-dollar ad campaign that's set to roll out Wednesday.

The spot, from the Respect for Marriage Coalition, feature clips of former Vice President Dick Cheney, former first lady Laura Bush, and former Secretary of State Colin Powell all voicing their support for same-sex marriage rights. The ads also use a clip from President Barack Obama's second inaugural address in January.

The group said they would spend $1 million to air the ad, as well as run print ads in major newspapers utilizing the same quotes from the Republicans who back equal marriage rights.

"None of us would want to be told we can't marry the person we love," a narrator says introducing the clips. "That's why a growing majority of Americans believe it's time to allow marriage for gay and lesbian couples."

Bush is shown in a 2010 CNN interview with Larry King saying, "When couples are committed to each other and love each other then they ought to have the same sort of rights that everyone has."

Those remarks came as a surprise at the time, since she appeared to be breaking ranks on the issue with her husband, former President George W. Bush. In 2011, her daughter Barbara appeared in a television spot for another pro-gay marriage group, the Human Rights Campaign.

Wednesday's ad from the Respect for Marriage Coalition also shows Colin Powell, the former Secretary of State under George W. Bush, supporting same-sex marriage in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer from May.

"Allowing them to live together with the protection of law, it seems to me is the way we should be moving in this country," Powell said on CNN's "The Situation Room."

That interview reflected a shift for Powell, who was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff when the military's Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy was implemented.

A third Republican, former Vice President Dick Cheney, is shown in the spot saying "Freedom means freedom for everyone." Cheney's younger daughter Mary wed her longtime partner Heather Poe in June. They were married in Washington, D.C., which legalized same-sex marriage in 2009.

And a Democrat, President Barack Obama, is shown during his January inauguration address declaring "Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law."

The new ad campaign comes as the Supreme Court prepares to tackle the issue of same-sex marriage this spring. Last year the high court agreed to hear two constitutional challenges to state and federal laws dealing with the recognition of gay and lesbian couples to legally wed.

Oral arguments will be held on March 26 and 27, with a ruling by late June

If those old grey haired white men Republicans could move more to the old historical libertarian way of thinking-- get out of peoples bedrooms- and all the social issues- and move more toward allowing everyone to make their own personal decisions-- they would stand a much better chance of winning...And could hold power...

If your daughter wants to go live with a cult- so be it- desert their kids- so be it- have reason to have an abortion- so be it-- leave it up to the individuals to decide- and not the government..... Get government out of personal lives.......

None of those "Prominent Republicans" are in office anymore. :lol: :lol:

Surely you knew that? :roll:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but same sex couples would ultimately have equal rights as heterosexual couples as far as adopting newborns, and older children as well. Isn't this a big reason that's sort of like the elephant in the room that's being largely ignored? Supporting gay marriage seems to be supporting equal placement of children for adoption, irregardless if you care what's going on "in the bedrooms" or not.

Traveler said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but same sex couples would ultimately have equal rights as heterosexual couples as far as adopting newborns, and older children as well. Isn't this a big reason that's sort of like the elephant in the room that's being largely ignored? Supporting gay marriage seems to be supporting equal placement of children for adoption, irregardless if you care what's going on "in the bedrooms" or not.

Yea but just think, the number of divorce cases will double and make more $ for the lawyers.......................

Traveler, I think that would be next.

I think you can be a gay foster parent now, but I'm not sure if that is for all states..... I know I wouldn't want to be a child in a gay foster home.

I nearly upchucked a couple months ago as the soap Bold and Beautiful comes on after the noon news and it showed two guys kissing.... I couldn't get the channel changed fast enough.

Mike said:
Traveler said:

Yea but just think, the number of divorce cases will double and make more $ for the lawyers.......................

Will more than double. The relationships rarely last and the percentage of abuse is astronomica. Sounds like OT is in favor of exposing kids to this. There is a problem with too many marriages in general not lasting and it is way too acceptable. Too many people think it should be a bed of roses everyday. There are too many prince and princesses as well. I still don't understand someone that is breaking traditional roles wanting to be traditional and marry when so many others now want to just live together without marriage. It's all just an attack on the core family unit designed by God. A kid needs a dad and a kid needs a mom. They can go on in life and succeed without one or the other, but everyone I've known will tell you something is missing. A lady that I know is 52 yrs old and accomplished a lot in life, including obtaining a doctoral degree and several letters behind her name, will tell you that not having a good father role model led her to seeking that in several bad places and influenced her even to this day. Another girl told me when she met her dad for the first time that she could remember him, and he told her he loved her, it felt like she had been washed clean. There is something spiritual in the family unit. When it is disturbed, your asking for trouble.

Oldtimer said:

Posted by
CNN's Kevin Liptak

(CNN) - Prominent Republicans who support marriage rights for same-sex couples are the focus of a new million-dollar ad campaign that's set to roll out Wednesday.

The spot, from the Respect for Marriage Coalition, feature clips of former Vice President Dick Cheney, former first lady Laura Bush, and former Secretary of State Colin Powell all voicing their support for same-sex marriage rights. The ads also use a clip from President Barack Obama's second inaugural address in January.

The group said they would spend $1 million to air the ad, as well as run print ads in major newspapers utilizing the same quotes from the Republicans who back equal marriage rights.

"None of us would want to be told we can't marry the person we love," a narrator says introducing the clips. "That's why a growing majority of Americans believe it's time to allow marriage for gay and lesbian couples."

Bush is shown in a 2010 CNN interview with Larry King saying, "When couples are committed to each other and love each other then they ought to have the same sort of rights that everyone has."

Those remarks came as a surprise at the time, since she appeared to be breaking ranks on the issue with her husband, former President George W. Bush. In 2011, her daughter Barbara appeared in a television spot for another pro-gay marriage group, the Human Rights Campaign.

Wednesday's ad from the Respect for Marriage Coalition also shows Colin Powell, the former Secretary of State under George W. Bush, supporting same-sex marriage in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer from May.

"Allowing them to live together with the protection of law, it seems to me is the way we should be moving in this country," Powell said on CNN's "The Situation Room."

That interview reflected a shift for Powell, who was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff when the military's Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy was implemented.

A third Republican, former Vice President Dick Cheney, is shown in the spot saying "Freedom means freedom for everyone." Cheney's younger daughter Mary wed her longtime partner Heather Poe in June. They were married in Washington, D.C., which legalized same-sex marriage in 2009.

And a Democrat, President Barack Obama, is shown during his January inauguration address declaring "Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law."

The new ad campaign comes as the Supreme Court prepares to tackle the issue of same-sex marriage this spring. Last year the high court agreed to hear two constitutional challenges to state and federal laws dealing with the recognition of gay and lesbian couples to legally wed.

If those old grey haired white men Republicans could move more to the old historical libertarian way of thinking-- get out of peoples bedrooms- and all the social issues- and move more toward allowing everyone to make their own personal decisions-- they would stand a much better chance of winning...And could hold power...

If your daughter wants to go live with a cult- so be it- desert their kids- so be it- have reason to have an abortion- so be it-- leave it up to the individuals to decide- and not the government..... Get government out of personal lives.......

And it is terrible that this Coalition didn't see the need to check with the former First Lady to see if they could use her sound bite/words. She has asked to be removed, and I bet others will follow, since it doesn't appear this group has the common courtesy to even let its front speakers know that they are speaking for them---talk about obnoxious.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/02/laura-bush-wants-out-of-gay-marriage-ad/

Oldtimer, how would you define your moral and value system? I really am interested in understanding why you say and believe some of the stuff you write here. In your scenario of letting people do what they want, do you also believe that those people's free choice to choose what is best for them also means that they are solely responsible for the consequences of those choices?

Oldtimer if your neighbor wants to rape your wife so be it. If your neighbor wants your cows so be it and on and on. Keep the government out of it right? Who is in people's bedrooms and for social programs old timer... the people you run with.

OT wrote:

If your son wants to go out and rob a bank-so be it-break in a liquor store and shoot the clerk-so be it- leave it up to the individuals to decide-and not the government......Get government out of people lives...........

Get the point?

Oldtimer said:

Posted by
CNN's Kevin Liptak

Just when you think ot has stooped as low as he can he step even lower

Mike said:
OT wrote:

If your son wants to go out and rob a bank-so be it-break in a liquor store and shoot the clerk-so be it- leave it up to the individuals to decide-and not the government......Get government out of people lives...........

Get the point?

Its not just government, sounds like he wants parents out of their lives as well. Sounds like he would of been pretty okay with the culture of Sodom or Gomorrah. Wonder if they had a bunch of unwanted kids?

It is a sad day for America, when you hear some of the elderly speak like this. A true sign of our decay. What a fall in 200 years and really in a generation. It amazing and sad all at the same time.

More WTF??

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/22/pentagon-push-to-extend-benefits-to-same-sex-couples-stirs-debate/

Mike said:
...Get government out of people lives...........

Get the point?

Exactly and if a guy wants to marry a guy OR a girl a girl, so be it! Get the government out of people lives!!

What I don't understand is why all the fear of people who are gay? They don't undermine heterosexual marriage.

Gay couples don't produce 'gay' children....

It's a known scientific fact that EVERY gay person on this planet was born from a heterosexual act!!!

kolanuraven said:
Mike said:

Get the point?

Exactly and if a guy wants to marry a guy OR a girl a girl, so be it! Get the government out of people lives!!

What I don't understand is why all the fear of people who are gay? They don't undermine heterosexual marriage.

It's a known scientific fact that EVERY gay person on this planet was born from a heterosexual act!!!

No it actually isn't. There are plenty of children born to gay women by artificial insemination, along with many single women.

I'm not afraid of anyone Colon. Talk to several gay people about this and tell them the same thing. Children were born designed to have a mother and father. The courts realize this. Why do you think there had been a move to split custody throughout almost all states?

kolanuraven said:
Mike said:

Get the point?

What if you had two brothers that wanted to marry? Would that be OK?

What if your kid sister wanted to marry your father? Still OK?

You really DON'T get it!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll:

Mike said:
kolanuraven said:
Mike said:

Get the point?

What if you had two brothers that wanted to marry? Would that be OK?

What if your kid sister wanted to marry your father? Still OK?

You really DON'T get it!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll:

And you are being a drama queen.

Of course, the blood laws would still be in place, don't be a dunce!

Hell, you can marry your first cousin in Alabama anyway!!!

Latest posts