• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fence Cleaner

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancherfred

Reaction score
We have an enormous problem this winter thanks to persistent wind and a massive amount off tumbleweeds. I found one company listing a fence cleaner made in ND but when I called on it I nearly swallowed my tongue when he told me he wanted $25,900 FOB for it. So I am planning on trying to make my own. If any one here has, or has used, a fence cleaner what do you like about it and what would you change? The only other company that I am aware of that made fence cleaners has gone out of business so I don't really think I can buy one. Any input? Not you H, I am not going to buy goats to eat them.

rancherfred,

WE had the same problem a few years back. Tumble weeds backed up along fences several feet deep.

We bought a fence cleaner from:

Prestige Manufacturing Inc.
105 South Webster
Kimball, NE 69145

Phone308-235-3700

It cost $4,250 back in 2005, but I have no current information.

The machine mounts on the front of a tractor and runs off the hydraulics.
It grabs the weeds from the fence and beats them into nothing.

The only problem we had is that it is dusty and you have to keep the tractor cooling system clean so it doesn't overheat.

We cleaned several miles of fence with it.

The thing comes broken down and we hauled it on our flatbed 3/4 ton.,

Hope this helps.

CP

Cowpuncher said:
rancherfred,

WE had the same problem a few years back. Tumble weeds backed up along fences several feet deep.

We bought a fence cleaner from:

Prestige Manufacturing Inc.
105 South Webster
Kimball, NE 69145

Phone308-235-3700

It cost $4,250 back in 2005, but I have no current information.

The machine mounts on the front of a tractor and runs off the hydraulics.
It grabs the weeds from the fence and beats them into nothing.

The only problem we had is that it is dusty and you have to keep the tractor cooling system clean so it doesn't overheat.

We cleaned several miles of fence with it.

The thing comes broken down and we hauled it on our flatbed 3/4 ton.,

Hope this helps.

CP

I will try calling the number, but last I heard they had gone out of business. That is the style I had in mind to try to build. One of the neighbors has one and is real happy with the way it works.

I have one that I like. I bought it from Rustler's at Rocky Ford, Co. After refering a few guys there, I found that their supplier had passed away. They, too, had found the $25,900 on in ND> Try a brush hog on a tractor, and drive as close as possible to your fence. It will likely get enought weed gone to prevent losing the fence.

Latest posts