• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fence is Done and Cows In New Pasture

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Broke Cowboy

Reaction score
Well it was about a mile of heavy brush to get them in to the new bush and pasture. I ran two strands of electric wire down the alley to keep them in. Took me a couple of days to get it done. This will be the last time as I have sold the farm and my wife and I are heading west.
This section was the toughest and the chainsaw was working steady! LOL!
I simply held on to it and made it do the job!
Hope all have a great day tomorrow.
Do not know why the pics will not open when I post them - but if you click on them they will.
Cheers,
BC

Attachments

• DSC_8707a.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 114
  • DSC_8699a.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 104
The pictures are there. Just had to click on them to get them to show. Brush like that doesn't look like a lot of fun but at least you had shade to work in.

The pictures are there. Just had to click on them to get them to show. Brush like that doesn't look like a lot of fun but at least you had shade to work in.
It was actually wet and cold - lots of mosquitos and ticks as well - had to wear a coat for part of the job until I started to warm up. Cheers,
BC

Last edited:
Is that alder?
Some of it. Lots of thorn bushes, wild raspberry, grapevines, lots of Sumac, some poplar, some birch and some maple and ash. All of it sapling size as it is on the edge of a big swamp.
It was thick and the thorn trees were a pain in the butt to cut and clear.
Probably a lot of other types of plants but I was too busy cutting to notice.
Hope you have a great day,
B.C.

Some of it. Lots of thorn bushes, wild raspberry, grapevines, lots of Sumac, some poplar, some birch and some maple and ash. All of it sapling size as it is on the edge of a big swamp.
It was thick and the thorn trees were a pain in the butt to cut and clear.
Probably a lot of other types of plants but I was too busy cutting to notice.
Hope you have a great day,
B.C.
Our friend per sprays little deciduous plants with salt water ant let's the cows deal with them.

Our friend per sprays little deciduous plants with salt water ant let's the cows deal with them.
The problem with here is the fact it is all electric fence and needs to be cleaned out. So I sweep low and cut high with a saw and then go back and use one of the bigger models of a Husky "whipper snipper". And the thorns on most of those plants prevent the cows from eating and enjoying.
If I get to your part of the world this year I plan on stealing a coffee from you as well if you are around.
Cheers
B.C.

Latest posts