• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fencing like a media mogul....etc...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cal

Reaction score
In case there's anyone left in America that don't border him, this is how Turner's outfit fences. They keep it maintained, and there's that many fewer acres producing beef, so geuss we might as well be happy about it. :wink:
DSCF2858.jpg

DSCF2860.jpg

DSCF2861.jpg

DSCF2863.jpg

Wonder if these big white fellers taste like chicken

DSCF2854.jpg

Good old "Trigger" standing dutifully in the muck while I unplugged the overflow.

DSCF2864.jpg

Now don't jump outta there big fella'

DSCF2866.jpg

Well muscled rear end

DSCF2867.jpg

just hope "trigger" don't throw a shoe...........could be a long walk back to the trailer

Ol' Ted puts up some pretty good fence alright. The trouble is, it won't hold wolves and prairie dogs in his pastures, and it is quite an obstacle when his fence is on one side of you and a raging prairie fire is on the other. (I've been in that situation.) The regular old four-wire well-maintained barbed-wire fences that use to be on his border fence were good enough.

Looks like your Trigger-hoss isn't afraid to get his feet wet. :wink: Good pictures. Thanks for posting. You probably got some rain last night. There is sure a big black cloud off to the northwest.

You buy a 'horse' and then your expenses are just beginning. Then you need a fancy horse trailer for your 'horse'........ :p :p :lol: :lol: Nice pics Cal. We have an oil man who has a big chunk of country fenced off over east, doesn't run any cattle, and won't allow hunting, etc. He is a pain in the backside for his neighbors as he shelters the game during hunting season, so there is no harvest on them.

Try fencing joining a National Forest. Now there's some "nice" folks to deal with. The fence is all yours....to maintain, pay for, etc...which is a good thang....but the bad thing is...they don't want you trimmin not ONE lil branch or twig out of the fence row. They just expect you to move in a foot or two and leave the fence row on their side of the fence. After 10 years an uncontested fence, the property on the other side is basically theirs. So...when we build fence joinin the National Forest.....it's built right up against all the trees. Makes for harder workin conditions, but we aint givin em any of our land just so things are easier.

I dunno Cal.. That Suzuki breeding can be a bit cantankerous from time to time but it looks like you got the big ella tamed down a bit...My two ponies can sometimes get a little wiley, good to see that you have taught trigger a good ground tie..

So ironic on seeing Trigger in the back of yur trailer...Today on the local radio, someone had found an atv that somehow must of fell out of someone elses rig! Now I'm not sure how ya could be driving down the highway and lose an ATV without knowing it..but stranger things have happened...lol :?

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Try fencing joining a National Forest. Now there's some "nice" folks to deal with. The fence is all yours....to maintain, pay for, etc...which is a good thang....but the bad thing is...they don't want you trimmin not ONE lil branch or twig out of the fence row. They just expect you to move in a foot or two and leave the fence row on their side of the fence. After 10 years an uncontested fence, the property on the other side is basically theirs. So...when we build fence joinin the National Forest.....it's built right up against all the trees. Makes for harder workin conditions, but we aint givin em any of our land just so things are easier.

Any Government or organization will run over your rights as long as you let them.....It starts with the things that are not worth the fight and gets bigger.....

I wored for the Forest Service One Summer in College, filing Water Rights...Two things....Always learn who the right person is to talk to....Generally you will find them easier through polite and amicable means....Second...it is filled with people that want to control a huge amount of resources that they have no talent to acquire on thier own,

On the Fence.......I always have some pretty good handled well insulated cutters for emergencies.....Maybe they would not work in this case, i dunno.....But if a guy had exotics (Like Buffalo) next to me, I'd appreciate a better fence and always carry a gun...they are dangerous,

PPRM

PPRM

Turner is a cheap bastard!!!

He owns some land north of my little town where we have a volunteer fire department.

There are a set of train tracks that cut though his property so several years ago the train started a fire. Our FD and 2 others from neighboring county's showed up to fight the fire, they got it out the first day but that night a cow pie restarted the fire so they had to go back (30 miles 1 way). 2 days later it restarted again so they had to make 3 trips total with 2 fire trucks taking time off from their own jobs to fight his fires.

A month later the fire department had its fund raising dinner, Turners ranch foreman brought in a whopping 100 bucks which didn't hardly cover the gas it took to go up to his land. Yet the railroad settled out of court for several thousand dollars for setting the fire.

Hell we had a fire that year too when my brother had a hot bearing on the baler start a fire, it was only 5 miles and only took a hour or so to put out but we donated 150 + whatever we threw in the free will can for the dinner the fire department put on.

Glad we don't have him for a neighbor here. He might not be that bad, but give me good old ranch raised folks for neighbors anyday.

Soapweed said:
Ol' Ted puts up some pretty good fence alright. The trouble is, it won't hold wolves and prairie dogs in his pastures, and it is quite an obstacle when his fence is on one side of you and a raging prairie fire is on the other. (I've been in that situation.) The regular old four-wire well-maintained barbed-wire fences that use to be on his border fence were good enough.

Looks like your Trigger-hoss isn't afraid to get his feet wet. :wink: Good pictures. Thanks for posting. You probably got some rain last night. There is sure a big black cloud off to the northwest.
I know what you mean Soap. In contrast when we used to run next to "The Judge" before Turner bought those pastures from them, it was always grubbed out so bad that it made a pretty good fire barrier. Now it's a serious issue especially since we've gotten early rains. As I understand it he thinks that fires are "natural" and it's okay to let them burn, but the rest of us depend on our pastures, which of course, he really doesn't. If the wires are cut I don't know how long it would take the buffalo to get out, but when those wires are shorted against something they make a pretty decent spark so cut with care. :???:

Jinglebob wrote
Hey Cal, do you raise the feed for Trigger?
I'd almost bet that katrina has a still out back of her barn that he'd run on, but she hasn't offered to share yet.

Turkey Track Bar said:
Nice pictures Cal.

I just wish our bison raising neighbors fenced half as good as yours does.

That said, I can also see Soap's point of the challenge of it during a fire, etc.

Cheers---

TTB :wink:
Just curious if they get in your pastures very often and what you have to do to get them out? We've been really lucky so far. This probably isn't the smartest thing to do, but it's kind of neat when they're close to the fence and you can just shut the outfit off, then they often times come over to check things out. Not as bad as a bunch of yearlings, but they don't seem to have much fear.

Canadian_Cowgirl said:
Cal Trigger looks like a nice piece of work. Did you raise and train him yourself??

Katy
He knows that if he acts up I'll take a bullwhip to him....so he's pretty well behaved. :D :D

Jassy said:
So ironic on seeing Trigger in the back of yur trailer...Today on the local radio, someone had found an atv that somehow must of fell out of someone elses rig! Now I'm not sure how ya could be driving down the highway and lose an ATV without knowing it..but stranger things have happened...lol :?
I loaded and unloaded one in town once, and was talking too much so I forgot to set the brake. It just fell out the back of the flatbed while I was speeding up, and slammed into the back of the pickup when I stopped too quick.

Latest posts