• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fencing materials

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gberry

Reaction score
I've seen several other forums that mention sucker rods to construct panels. As I understand some folks use fiberglass sucker rods for line posts in hi-tensile fences. Anyone have any idea where one might get these?

If you ate wanting the fiberglass fence posts for a temporary fence find a PEL dealer in your area or any place that deals with sheep and horses.Google Ferris Fencing

I'm not really looking for temporary fence. I want to replace metal T-posts with fiberglass in our high tensile fence so that we don't have as many problems with shorts. You can by sucker rod posts from Kencove fence, but a 6 foot post will be $6-7. I've read that you can get old sucker rods for quite a bit cheaper, but no one lists any sources.

Look in the yellow pages under Pipe, or drilling. The place where we get our sucker rod is a company that tests it. When one doesn't test good, it's kicked to the side, and sold to individuals for fencing. They come in 25 ft lengths, 5/8 inch is 5.00 a joint, 3/4 is 6.00 a joint and 1 inch is 7.00 a joint. And they throw in the (dont know the word for em) couplers? to screw them together, for nothin.

gberry said:
I've seen several other forums that mention sucker rods to construct panels. As I understand some folks use fiberglass sucker rods for line posts in hi-tensile fences. Anyone have any idea where one might get these?

I have what you want. Contact me @ [email protected]

You can get good fiberglass posts at High Country Ag Marketing in Whitehall, MT. They distribute them in WY, MT & ID anyway. (don't know about other states) They used to use sucker rods for posts, but now make their own 'cause there was some trouble getting the rod. Anyway, I have bought posts from them for our Gallagher Power Fence. These guys at High County rep for Gallagher in WY, MT, ID. They do a great job, and we have worked with them for 20 years. You can get ahold of them at 1-800-777-9960. :D

Latest posts