• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fencing Pictures (lots and lots)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

randiliana

Reaction score
Or, should I say, pictures I took while we were out fencing. Honest, we did fix fence :nod: , I didn't spend ALL my time taking photos :lol:

Some of the wildlife in the area

These boys were pretty quiet
tn_DSC09471.jpg

This one just hung tight
tn_DSC09473.jpg

And these guys didn't really want their picture taken, doesn't really look like it but they are over 1/4 mile away....
tn_DSC09540.jpg

Oh, look, anyone ever seen one of these before? We have about a million of them if anyone would like some.....?
tn_DSC09505.jpg

Some scenery shots

Anyone up for some fencing, that isn't our fence to worry about thank goodness, there are miles and miles of that sort of fence out here. 2 wires, and 4 out of every 5 posts broken.....But the scenery is pretty nice.
tn_DSC09490.jpg

Some huge, and neat rocks, just sitting on the side of a hill
tn_DSC09521.jpg

tn_DSC09527.jpg

tn_DSC09529.jpg

My dog, dunno how he got into the scenery shots. He is almost mended, but that leg still bothers him....
tn_DSC09531.jpg

Some more of those rocks
tn_DSC09532.jpg

Now, for my favorites, the wild flowers. And there is lots of them. Most of these plants are under 12" in height. A lot don't make 6".

Gumbo Primrose, this is such a gorgeous flower, and it smells nice too. It grows in some of the worst soil on the prairie..
tn_DSC09475.jpg

tn_DSC09476.jpg

Some sort of yellow flower, if I wasn't so lazy I'd look it up for you all.
tn_DSC09482.jpg

Wild Flax
tn_DSC09485.jpg

tn_DSC09486.jpg

A white daisy type flower, as I said above, if I weren't so lazy.....
tn_DSC09488.jpg

Three Flowerd Avens, or Prairie Smoke, or if you want to be technical Geum triflorum....
tn_DSC09491.jpg

tn_DSC09492.jpg

Another yellow flower.....
tn_DSC09495.jpg

tn_DSC09497.jpg

Blue Beardtongue or Penstemon nitidus
tn_DSC09499.jpg

A pretty purple/blue flower. I really like this one.
tn_DSC09503.jpg

tn_DSC09504.jpg

A neat little white flower
tn_DSC09510.jpg

tn_DSC09517.jpg

This one is a little taller....
tn_DSC09538.jpg

And finally, Saline Shooting Star (say that one fast 10 times :banana: )
tn_DSC09544.jpg

tn_DSC09548.jpg

tn_DSC09546.jpg

roger dodger said:
Very nice pics

What happened to the dog?

Thank you.

He got kicked or stepped on in late March. Broke his left front leg just above the knee. It has been a long time, but he is almost back to normal now.

Boy, that's big country. Makes me feel like I could just fall off the face of the earth looking at those pics, kinda the opposite of claustrophobia only it feels the same :shock: . Looks like it would run a lot of cattle on a decent year. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Soap we do have some awesome ranching country up here. I love that wide open prairie.

Silver, somedays I feel the same way. It has a way of making you realize just how small you are. The native pasture only runs a lot of cattle because there is a lot of land. It tops out at 15 head per quarter section and a lot of it is between 5 and 10 head. Tame grass in the same area will run between 20 and 30 cows per quarter, usually.

Burnt, the grass is really, really good here this year. This is probably the best it has looked in years. We are one of the few areas of the province that has had good moisture.

D', thanks, the grass is very good.

Latest posts