• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Few Pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Tam is always finding something to keep busy at. Here she is carving a rocking horse for the grandson.
Feb272012Tamcarving001.jpg

Late last fall I was down helping the tourism committee put up a new fence around the cellar hole from the NWMP barricks. With the snow we had Saturday I figure it would be a good time to burn the pile of scrap.
Feb272012Tamcarving017.jpg

A little snow covered but this is the sandstone cellar built by James Marshall. It's a cistern in the near corner.
Feb272012Tamcarving010.jpg

This plaque is on a stone cairn beside the cellar.
Feb272012Tamcarving012.jpg

This one was added at a later date honoring the Last Mounted horse patrol along the border. He met my grandparents along with my Dad and aunt in 1938 in Carlisle coulee. So name for the ex mountie gone bad that was taken out and shot by some outlaws for missing blowing up a bridge in a botched train robbery.
Feb272012Tamcarving013.jpg

Carlise coulee across the valley.
Feb272012Tamcarving021.jpg

The hills showing above the tree is Montana
Feb272012Tamcarving019-1.jpg

This is the spring that the mounties diverted down a trench to fill the house cistern and then off to water the garden.
Feb272012Tamcarving015.jpg

This is Britt taking some pictures of her own. The hitchin' rail was built when they dedicated the stone cairn. Montie Montana who had live about 5 miles up along the border was here for the dedication.
Feb272012Tamcarving020.jpg

Nice pictures of historical significance. So living only five miles away, did Montie Montana just ride his horse over for the dedication?

You have more snow than we do, but I think that might change in the next twenty-four hours. Either yours might melt, or we might get some, only time will tell. :wink:

Soapweed said:
Nice pictures of historical significance. So living only five miles away, did Montie Montana just ride his horse over for the dedication?

You have more snow than we do, but I think that might change in the next twenty-four hours. Either yours might melt, or we might get some, only time will tell. :wink:

Sadly he was living in California at the time of the dedication. :(

It was kinda funny though as the team that was to bring him and some other dignitaries a little ways down the road got balky . Montie got out and took the whip and was cracking them on the legs. I think everybody got out and walked the rest of the way. I was talking to the owner of the team about this just last fall. He sold them and they stalled out on the new owner in a parade as well.

thanks for the pics, BMR. you'll have to keep us up to date with the rocking horse project..looks darn good so far. :) you just stay away from it so you don't screw it up. :wink: :lol:

Justin said:
thanks for the pics, BMR. you'll have to keep us up to date with the rocking horse project..looks darn good so far. :) you just stay away from it so you don't screw it up. :wink: :lol:

Or fall off. :wink:

I'm looking forward to coming down a seeing that country for myself one day. Is that anywhere near gcreeks place? :???: That grandson should just about be ready for a shetland pony.

per said:
I'm looking forward to coming down a seeing that country for myself one day. Is that anywhere near gcreeks place? :???: That grandson should just about be ready for a shetland pony.

Afraid you would have more then a "Split personality" if you tried to visit gcreek and me in the same day. :D

Tam already has a pony but the poor kid lives in Alberta and they don't allow ponies in the backyards of Sylvan Lake. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gcreekrch said:
Justin said:

I'll have you know I have had NO broken bones from Rocking horse accidents. :cowboy:

A Rocking chair is a different story. :oops:

Big Muddy rancher said:
gcreekrch said:
Justin said:

I'll have you know I have had NO broken bones from Rocking horse accidents. :cowboy:

I hope your not off your rocker. :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Ty1fwVxwY

nice pic's BMR, Great looking country but then any country with no houses, no powerlines,and very few people appeals to me :wink: :lol:

gcreekrch said:
per said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

I hope your not off your rocker. :?

That's a given, he DOES live in Saskatchewan! :lol:

Saskatchewan, Where you can spread manure wherever you want. :p

Latest posts