• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

FFA Fundraisers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Here while back I asked for ideas for fundraisers for FFA/Ag Mech. Class.
Our wonderful superintendant, at the time the school board was makin out the yearly budget, totally left the Ag Dept. out. They started with 750.00 that they had left in their account last year. All the project materials have been paid for by the Ag teacher himself, out of his own pocket, with promises from different people that after they are done showing the project, they'll buy it. 26 ft Gooseneck trailer, 5x5 seeder trailer, 4x8 ft feeder, pipe bender (for making hay rings, square tubing and bends in other size pipe), saddle stand, and several other items I can't remember em all. This man has gone above and beyond the call of his job. He loves these kids and his work.

They done relatively well with their meat sales and fruit sale. But not all kids really put forth effort selling as much as others did. But over all they done ok. (but still not enuff to get em to the 3 major shows they go to)
I came up with the idea of Cookies and Hot Chocolate Mix's in a Jar. They look like somethin you'd give as a gift. They've just turned in all their sheets, I should find out tomorrow how well they sold, then we'll start puttin them all together to be delivered. Then this comin Thursday we are having a Chili supper and Silent auction (which I've been goin around to local business' and asking for donations) So far so good on the donations for that. I had a dentist appt last week with my old boss, told him what I was doin and he gave me a check for $100 made out to our FFA. Gotta love him!!! I'm painting a couple end tables (kinda like I posted a pic of a while back) to donate as well.

These kids are a great group!!! Small group but great. All have great attitudes and all are willing to jump in and help where needed. I hope we get enough money rounded up so that they all get to go, since they've worked so hard on these projects.

Glad to hear of the progress, even if it seems uphill. Here's to continued success. FWIW your ag instructor sounds a lot like the one I was blessed to have, and I count him in my all time top 5 important people. Your (and his) efforts will be rewarded someday.

Lilly,there should be lot's of old tractors in that part of TX,find them,get them old coots to donate them or buy em cheap,then let the ag shop restore them,they oughta sell pretty good at a county fair..............good luck

That's one thing our ag department had never done, or at least not in a million years. We have an old Farmall cub that belonged to Mr Lilly's grandpa. We'd discussed gettin them to restore it, but don't know if they'd have the time to do it, and do the other projects they wanna do too. Very few of the kids do individual projects. At school it's all group projects. There are a few at the fair that have individual ones they've built. Lil Lilly built a horse feeder last year and got reserve champion on it. This year, soon as basketball season is over with, she's wantin to build a hay feeder. The design she found is supposed to save up to 25% of your hay, compared to feedin in a ring on the ground. With hay bein as high as it is. Specially years like this year. If ya can build somethin that'll save one bale for ever 4 you put out, I'm all for it. HaHa, she'll be permanantly affixed in the shop, buildin hay feeders, till she gets me at least 4 built. (just kiddin) :lol:

Well when she gets one built post a picture of it,everyone would be interested in saving hay........good luck

Bookmark this site for Fundraising Ideas

http://www.fundraising-ideas.org/DIY/index.html

http://www.fundraising-ideas.org/DIY/50-50.htm

nonprofit.about.com/od/fundraising/a/major_gift_faq.htm

WHY RUN A RAFFLE

A raffle can run completely cost free.

Get Sponsored.

Businesses can spend many thousands on advertising each year and raffle tickets can be a great way for a business to advertise themselves and products. Unlike some other forms of advertising raffle tickets are purchased and retained by the customer for an extended period until the draw date. During this time the ticket may be looked at several times by the customer who will of course also be looking at the business advert.

Types of Sponsorship.

A business can donate a prize or prizes in exchange for being mentioned as a donator on the front of the ticket. This advert could perhaps have there company name and phone number. We have seen many good examples of this with everything from Pub Meals for 2 to Expensive Holidays Abroad. Care must be taken however because there are legal requirements as to the size of advert in relation to the ticket.

A business or businesses can advertise on the back of your ticket with much larger adverts (we suggest 4 as the reasonable maximum). This advertising space is valuable and can be exchanged for full sponsorship of the printing costs.

A business can provide hundreds if not thousands of lower value runner-up prizes and still advertise by donating pens, T-Shirts etc. printed with the company logo. Indeed companies give this sort of promotional gift away on a regular basis but to your customer this could be the first prize they ever won in a raffle and therefore is less likely to be discarded than a free gift. Imagine how pleased your local car dealer will be if they see the T-Shirts they gave away being worn on the High Street (almost certain sponsors for your next raffle).

A Raffle can promote your Event

The raffle can be linked to your special event such as a Fete, Dinner & Dance or Coffee Morning etc. This way you obtain a double hit by drawing more people to the event whilst selling your tickets. This doesn't happen when you sell instant win tickets or do street collections.

Increase your Membership and/or List of Donators

Use the ticket stubs to collect names and addresses from the purchasers. Once the draw has been made compile a list of the prize winners and post this back to the larger donators with a thank you letter and offer them the chance of joining and/or donating further to your cause. If you would prefer you can use a check box at the bottom of the stub asking if they would like to receive further information. This forms the basis of a mailing list that you can use to obtain donations and further ticket sales.

Perceived Value for Money

One of the major benefits of using Raffle Tickets as opposed to Instant Win Tickets is that you can offer 'DREAM PRIZES' which can be far more seductive to the customer than a Cash Prize. For instance a prize of 2 weeks in Spain can look more tempting than its equivalent cash prize. The wide-screen TV donated by your local Electrical Store can far outweigh its cash value in the mind of a person who wants to win it.

The thrill also lasts longer with raffle tickets the customer has to wait to see if he wins. The downside with Instant win tickets is that the customer will probably 'Instantly Lose'!

Carters wrestling team sold sod squares to see where a bull would poop. All they did was make a portable pen on the old football field and sell the acreage. The winner gets 250.00 and the rest went to the wrestling club. I think squares sold for $5.00.

Latest posts