• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

FFA

Help Support Ranchers.net:

FFA is alive and well in our area. Weekly, kids are featured in the newspaper, and I know several who have really been successful in the competitions, and taken it forward to college and beyond. We need FFA in the schools, so we keep the interest in farming alive for the future generations.

I am an ag teacher in western Oklahoma. What I can tell you about the changes is that the student base has changed. I teach in a small rural school and have an enrollment of 47 in my ag classes. Of those, I could count the ones that have direct ties to agriculture on my fingers. If it is that way with my program, I can assure you that the farm kids in larger schools are probably a smaller percentage than here. I have visited with other teachers and they tell my the same thing about their enrollment.
I think we need to keep educating kids about agriculture and the good things we do or some other group that doesn't understand (PETA, HSUS, etc.) will educate them with their agendas that don't support what we do.

Our FFA is alive and well, even tho it is a small group. We are a very small school, we have the support from our community to send these kids to the shows with projects that contend with the bigger schools. FFA as a whole is alive and well in Texas....as you all have seen the pictures from our AG-Mech trips to San Antonio and Houston.

Thank god for the local chapters but what is directed by the state and national organizations is changing more and more everyday.

The FFA program from where I grew up was very strong and successful at various levels when I was in high school due to the wonderful advisor we had. The program is rebuilding with each new advisor and some do great things with the kids and others it seems do hardly anything. Last couple years they have taken off again and I look forward to seeing what they do this year with a new advisor.

The local FFA chapter has a new advisor this year. The past one just didn't hold up to a very high standard and advance the group along very well. The current one was the advisor about 15 yrs ago here and decided to take another advisor job about 40 min east of here. It was a good move in the fact that he had done alot for the local group and the push was fading and needed a change to shake things up. It did work as it made people realize just how hard he had been working at the job. I can't tell you much about how it is actually going as the year is just getting going good but I think that they seem to be back on track from what little I have seen. The current advisor if history repeats itself in the comming year the group will be very busy in the community and have the respect they once had. I went to a different highschool and we didn't have FFA there. That was a bad thing and I always wished they did have it because of all the things that I missed out on.

A story in our local paper that our one and only Amercian
Degree. Her project she bakes muffins.

Where/How do I start?
I am 3rd Generation FFA _ Dad, his Older girls, Me and his GrandKids.

The troubles:

No backing from the schools and/or School Boards or Community.

Advisors are on their OWN EGGO TRIPs

1 25 year old Advisor and his circle involved in sex (in the barn and FFA Van and More) Dad had Photo to prove some of this _ School Board covered it up and Past Him On to another School

Advisors Think They Know It All
I worked with FFA MAIN OFFICE to apply for a National Award _ I Had a 2.5 inch Binder Full for my Entry, Advisor called me in to WEED my Entry, I would NOT _ _ Advisor ON HER OWN SHE WEED MY ENTRY to 2 pages. I HAD emailed a copy of my Entry _ I was eMails by "Judges" and the FFA Main Office Questioning my My 2 Page Entry.
It Was Just Covered Up. (in the Show Ring, I would Have been excused)

Cattle Advisor was a smart ass Know It All
Need I go on with my Long List

I LOVE FFA and 4H and it was my Circle of Family and Friends Made It a fun learning Experience.

That Pissed FFA Advisors Off.

P.S.
FFA Main Office voted to change the Name to Just "FFA"
Last I Heard 2000 TEXAS and CALIFORNIA voted to Stay
<FUTURE FARMERS OF AMERICA>

V Sounds like they all ready had the winners picked before applications were due. Sometimes Judges just look at the Name or School name on the front of the application put it first and never open them up. Also Judges
of applications do not want to judge it at all or are asked to judge from someone that has close ties to the judge.
Several years ago a student form our area was a national finalist in a livestock proficiency. We she came to get her photo taken with the sponsers none of them showed up. Also when she had her interview the judges never showed up. Come to findout this is common with the National FFA program. The hired person for the National FFA is from Wisconsin and he gets all his judges from Wisconsin and Wisconsin wins more than half of the profiecnecy awards at the National level. When asked he tells all the kids you are ALL second in the Nation to make them feel good.

Hay Feeder said:
V Sounds like they all ready had the winners picked before applications were due. Sometimes Judges just look at the Name or School name on the front of the application put it first and never open them up. Also Judges
of applications do not want to judge it at all or are asked to judge from someone that has close ties to the judge.
Several years ago a student form our area was a national finalist in a livestock proficiency. We she came to get her photo taken with the sponsers none of them showed up. Also when she had her interview the judges never showed up. Come to findout this is common with the National FFA program. The hired person for the National FFA is from Wisconsin and he gets all his judges from Wisconsin and Wisconsin wins more than half of the profiecnecy awards at the National level. When asked he tells all the kids you are ALL second in the Nation to make them feel good.

Thats just plain wrong!

Latest posts