• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

FH...Rain's coming your way

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hanta Yo

Reaction score
Faster Horses,

Today we got close to 1" of rain. Looks like it's headed your way, in the colors of yellow and red. If red hits you, get your canoe out!! We had yellow, nice, slow, soaking rain to give everything a big drink. Unfortunately we were moving cows to another pasture today and got caught in the middle of it. Hats, chinks, pants, boots all soaked through by the time we got home. Still freezing, but love this rain!!!! :lol: :D :lol2:

been raining all night and all day today!! mountains have a nice white coat on them again!!! much needed moisture, but the darned cold wind can sure go away and noone would mind!! :roll:

We only got a tenth yesterday and none today but coming home from fencing tonight it was a real dark blue to the south. That must have been the front that was moving thru your country. glad to here you got more rain. I may have to have you send me a picture of what it looks like . :cowboy:

Hey Hanta Yo:

You guys are better weather predicters than the folks who get paid to do it!!!! FH should have gotten some rain as their county was in a Severe Thunderstorm warning most of the night.

Your nice downpour got a little unruly as it hit the Dakotas---they had some really cool pics of tornados around Mott and west of Bismarck/Mandan on the news last night and this morning. One even had two tornados coming down at once. Thankfully I don't think there was much damage from the twisters. There were reports of large hail, and the wind was horrible. I thought the big trees outside of my casa were going to come out of the ground or break off but thankfully neither occurred.

Keep up the good work and have a great day!

TTB

Turkey Track Bar said:
Hey Hanta Yo:

You guys are better weather predicters than the folks who get paid to do it!!!! FH should have gotten some rain as their county was in a Severe Thunderstorm warning most of the night.

Your nice downpour got a little unruly as it hit the Dakotas---they had some really cool pics of tornados around Mott and west of Bismarck/Mandan on the news last night and this morning. One even had two tornados coming down at once. Thankfully I don't think there was much damage from the twisters. There were reports of large hail, and the wind was horrible. I thought the big trees outside of my casa were going to come out of the ground or break off but thankfully neither occurred.

TTB

So I guess Isabel got more rain? I hope so, when I was up there summer before last the grass "crunched" when you walked on it and I felt terrible for the cattle folks up there.
May your rain gauges stay full!

Big Muddy rancher said:
We only got a tenth yesterday and none today but coming home from fencing tonight it was a real dark blue to the south. That must have been the front that was moving thru your country. glad to here you got more rain. I may have to have you send me a picture of what it looks like . :cowboy:

We ended up with 1-1/4"! 8) 8) Sooooooo green outside! Sure hope you get some of the yellow and red I see up north today.
:)

Turkey Track Bar said:
Hey Hanta Yo:

TTB

WOW! :shock: :shock: :shock: It looked like it was getting a little ugly as it moved east. It's really windy today...hope it doesn't dry up what was put down yesterday!

Have a good day. :D

Thanks for the warning, though I just read about it now!

Here's what happened and you were right on!

There was a black cloud off to the south of us, and here it came. We got hail, though not large and not real hard, but it lasted quite awhile and turned the country around our house and to the east completely white. One of the neighbors called to see if we were alright and I said we were. He said, "it sure is white over there." We had to go out about 8 pm and we could see what he was talking about. There is a field to the south of us and nothing had come up in it yet, and it was completely white. On our way to the west there was no hail, but on the east, going into town there was hail piled up on the road, kind of the consistency we had in the yard. It was piled up in the doorways in Baker. Then south of Baker they really got hit. Golf ball sized hail and it did some damage. Knocked some windows out, dented some cars, the usual fun stuff. There also was a tornado that tore up a grainery, rolled a pickup through the fence and took some trees out of a shelter belt. Nothing drastic, just a hot time in the old town last night!!

All in all, we have had 3.2 inches of rain since Monday evening.

I love the weather forcasts posted here; as someone said they are much more accurate than what we get from the people who are supposed to know!!!

Faster horses said:
Thanks for the warning, though I just read about it now!

Here's what happened and you were right on!

There was a black cloud off to the south of us, and here it came. We got hail, though not large and not real hard, but it lasted quite awhile and turned the country around our house and to the east completely white. One of the neighbors called to see if we were alright and I said we were. He said, "it sure is white over there." We had to go out about 8 pm and we could see what he was talking about. There is a field to the south of us and nothing had come up in it yet, and it was completely white. On our way to the west there was no hail, but on the east, going into town there was hail piled up on the road, kind of the consistency we had in the yard. It was piled up in the doorways in Baker. Then south of Baker they really got hit. Golf ball sized hail and it did some damage. Knocked some windows out, dented some cars, the usual fun stuff. There also was a tornado that tore up a grainery, rolled a pickup through the fence and took some trees out of a shelter belt. Nothing drastic, just a hot time in the old town last night!!

All in all, we have had 3.2 inches of rain since Monday evening.

I love the weather forcasts posted here; as someone said they are much more accurate than what we get from the people who are supposed to know!!!

Glad to hear you got lots of moisture, but not necessarily in the form you got it!!! :???:

BMR,

Here's a picture of green, spouse took it this evening. Hope you are getting some moisture!

HPIM0379.jpg

Great picture and beautiful country. Hope to visit you some time. We are greening up but the showers just keep missing us. Guess that happens . The forecast is for rain in the next few days so still a chance. It seems that we can see it off in the distance but won't move our way. Hope the rains sustain the grass long enough that you get real good growth to make some carry over. keep posting some of those great pics.

Big Muddy rancher said:

If you got one tenth big muddie,thats all you need to run those longhorns and watusi's you been braggin about..............good luck

FH, Sounds like you really had a memorable storm! We rarely see hail. The best thing to do with it is what I remember my Mom did once. She ran out and collected a bucket full and we cranked on the ice cream maker. Best tasting ice cream is the hard fought for kind!

Big Muddy rancher said:
Great picture and beautiful country. Hope to visit you some time. We are greening up but the showers just keep missing us. Guess that happens . The forecast is for rain in the next few days so still a chance. It seems that we can see it off in the distance but won't move our way. Hope the rains sustain the grass long enough that you get real good growth to make some carry over. keep posting some of those great pics.

Thanks! You need to post some pics of your area!! :wink: :D

Latest posts