• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Final A/P - Conference Strength

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
1. Ohio St. 14-1

2. Oregon 13-2

3. TCU 12-1

4. Alabama 12-2

5. Florida St. 13-1

5. Michigan St. 11-2

7. Baylor 11-2

8. Georgia Tech 11-3

9. Georgia 10-3

10. UCLA 10-3

11. Mississippi St. 10-3

12. Arizona St. 10-3

13. Wisconsin 11-3

14. Missouri 11-3

15. Clemson 10-3

16. Boise St. 12-2

17. Mississippi 9-4

18. Kansas St. 9-4

19. Arizona 10-4

20. Southern Cal 9-4

21. Utah 9-4

22. Auburn 8-5

23. Marshall 13-1

24. Louisville 9-4

25. Memphis 10-3

Conference teams in Top 25:
Big 10 - 3
Big 12 - 3
SEC - 6
PAC - 5

Wasn't it just a very few weeks ago that all the geniuses and pundits drawing a paycheck from the ESPN shouted from the mountaintops that there was exactly 0% chance of the Ohio State winning the National Championship? And weren't there posts here claiming that even if the Ohio State would win the title, they would end up ranked no higher than third or fourth.....if that? :wink:

How can TCU not be 2nd? As usual the polls are wacked. Congrats to OSU. They put Oregon down for the count. As much as I cannot stand Urban Meyer, he is one heck of a coach.

The OSU didn't just put Oregon down for the count, they did it with conviction!

As far as TCU's ranking goes, strength of schedule may have been a factor. I'm sure Jigs will come on with 147 reasons why, but he's been wrong about pretty much everything this year, so anything he posts should be disregarded on principle. :wink: :lol:

in my opinion, I revel in the fact that the Big 12 is NOT represented by Texas or OU.... I really enjoy it seeing the media darlings of the conference not even in the picture.

I was wondering where the Coonhuskers were at??

jigs said:
in my opinion, I revel in the fact that the Big 12 is NOT represented by Texas or OU.... I really enjoy it seeing the media darlings of the conference not even in the picture.

KSU was inflated all year. 3 loss frauds. I can't think of a bowl eligible team that wouldn't want to play them. A team who totally became the coach, old, tired and done.

jigs said:

Huskers are over in the chat forum wondering why so many teams that finished 9-4 & 8-5 are in the final Top 25 Poll, and the Huskers weren't........ After all, they should get SOME respect just for the oodles of titles bestowed upon them in days gone by. SHOULDN'T THEY???????

The rest of them are huddled up picking where they finish in the Big 10 next year...... Get this............they have it either at 5,6, or 7. SWEAR TO GOD!!!!!

Stick a fork in the Huskers. Football there is history. Literally & figuratively.

I wouldn't make book on that just yet. The geniuses have been wrong way more than right about a lot of things. Besides, the Husker boards are filled with Haters and MildCat fans...so you can't believe sbit on the boards.

loomixguy said:
I wouldn't make book on that just yet. The geniuses have been wrong way more than right about a lot of things. Besides, the Husker boards are filled with Haters and MildCat fans...so you can't believe sbit on the boards.
Wrong about the Huskers NOT being in the final Top 25? Can you effin read? :lol:

Let me type real slow, Mike, since I don't speak southern and your comprehension skills could be better. I wouldn't make book on the Huskers being done just yet, literally or figuratively. Better?

OK, I don't follow the boards much, since they are filled with haters and MildCat fans, so I've no idea what the self proclaimed football gurus are imagining. But they're wrong far more than they are right. As far as our ranking at the end of the season, who cares? It's 2015...we have a new coach and staff, some decent recruits coming in, given the circumstances, and I'm cautiously optimistic for the upcoming season. What I have heard is the entire team has embraced their new situation and have deeply committed to the strength and training aspect of the game...effective immediately.

But that's water under the bridge for now, or yet to flow under the bridge.

I'm looking forward to baseball season in Lincoln, and hope to make it to the Haymarket for a game or two this spring. We have the only coach in the country, to my knowledge, that has a football National Championship ring AND a World Series ring.

Latest posts