• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Finally a decent Topography shot

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
I have been trying for year to show you guys and gals what I deal with here on the river. Think I managed to do so by accident.

Some where down there are 250 pairs, and in among them, and hiding in the Cedar trees, Plum thickets, Chockecherries and swamps, there is a cow that lost her calf. I did manage to find her, and a calf that was hiding in a Plum thicket. Got them both back to the barn, and the calf hauled back to his momma.

Pretty good day if I do say so myself!

Clean living indeed. Will that put that cow on the short term list, or will you call that an isolated accident? Looks like good country to have a couple top dogs.

I would trade the riding in that country for the swamps and jackpine jungles any day. Consider yourself blessed.

Good job getting the pair reunited.

Looks a lot like this country would look if we lost our trees! Thanks for sharing.

That is on our very west end, burned out about 10 years or so ago. It makes for nice cow country. Most of the river bottom is so full of Cedars and Plums that you can't ride through it, and you don't ride anywhere close to the river. Many miles of swamps that you can sink a horse or 4 wheeler in. In all honesty, the 4 wheeler gets around in the swamps better then a horse, but it won't tell you NO until you need a LONG cable to get it out. Don't ask.

The cow will go back home, and I doubt she will get shipped. The calf belonged to a different cow, that we picked up out of a Plum thicket. He is now back with his momma. Just thought it was easier to let him come along, then to try to sort him off out in the brush.

As for the dogs, my Tators, is a half Hangin Tree Half Border Collie. The other one is her pup, out of my old dog, who was supposed to be Heeler Border Collie. They are pretty good dogs, and are a life saver in the brush.

Latest posts