• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Finally alone!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
Boy, it's been a long two and a half weeks! A friend (used to be dog client before we quit field trialling) from alaska/florida was here for two weeks. She's a very nice person and we do enjoy haveing her here (luckily she stays in town) but she is in her 60's, and is a rather fragile type person. She chain smokes, and lost her husband last may, and is a very hesitant rider due to a horse wreck (well she fell off!) last june. So it really makes it hard to get anything done when she's around. And two weeks is a long time to have anyone around in my opinion :p But then I could easily be a hermit. Anyway, she left on saturday.
Then the last two weekends we had deer hunters here (nonpaying of course). 4 the first weekend and 5 the second. The good thing is that they do all the cooking :wink:
They left on monday, since then we've been madly getting Mike (hubby) organized for his yearly elk hunting trip to Idaho. It's a pack in thing and of course he does all the work. But it's what he lives for! I wish I had something that I got so excited about, must be a guy thing. He left at 4:00 am this morning so I have 10 days to myself :p

10 days of peace and quiet sounds just about right, Nicky! Plenty of time to get into LOTS of mischief! :D

Nicky, we all need your 10-day full report and are sure it will be very 8) interesting!

Nicky,

I know exactly what you're feeling. I've been there, done that. In my situation, I've spent my "alone" time catching up on things needed to get done on the ranch (in the usual case, FENCING!) I've thought of what I could do, and all the trouble I could get in, but after the big debate in my head all I wanted to do was to please my husband, which gave me such peace of mind... pick up some new craft, come see me!!!! I love company as we get very little. We will be freeze branding our replacement heifers tomorrow, will brand our 2 and 3 yr old heifers' calves on Sunday, only about 100, come and see us!!!

Yea, I usually don't get in trouble. I don't go to town, and usually don't even see anyone, unless the neighbors are working their calves (they should be next week). We have alot of company - between dog clients, hunters, and the folks who own the property we lease.
So far I've worked dogs, checked cows, and put protein out. Along with spending ALOT more time here, and reading (my main addiction!).
I would LOVE to come see you guys!! and to bring a craft. I'm not very crafty :wink: but sometimes surprise myself :p But if I left who would do chores? We had planned a trip to Montana this summer but couldn't leave due the fire danger, now it's hunting season and the weather is too iffy. Maybe next year. I have relatives at Wilsall and Winefred.
TTFN

As for all of your long staying company, I think it was Mark Twain who wisely stated, "Fish and company both start to smell after 3 days"!

Tho' my buddy from Michigan was here for over a week and I didn't mind at all. :)

Nicky said:
Yea, I usually don't get in trouble. I don't go to town, and usually don't even see anyone, unless the neighbors are working their calves (they should be next week). We have alot of company - between dog clients, hunters, and the folks who own the property we lease.
So far I've worked dogs, checked cows, and put protein out. Along with spending ALOT more time here, and reading (my main addiction!).
I would LOVE to come see you guys!! and to bring a craft. I'm not very crafty :wink: but sometimes surprise myself :p But if I left who would do chores? We had planned a trip to Montana this summer but couldn't leave due the fire danger, now it's hunting season and the weather is too iffy. Maybe next year. I have relatives at Wilsall and Winefred.
TTFN

I hear ya, I don't go anywhere, either. I'm a hermit at heart. Have a great, peaceful 10 days! I love to read, too...wish I had more time to do it!! :D

Nicky,

I musta not paid attention, didn't realize ya'll were into Dog Trials. I enjoy the Klamath Bull Sale and the working dog trials. I travel too much, but if I stop I will look you folks up, It's a real interest of mine,

PPRM

Your welcome to stop by PPRM, but I gotta warn you, we train bird dogs not stock dogs. What do you do by the way (yes, I'm nosy :p ), you certainly seem to travel alot!

I had a Boss once that talked of going to the stock og trials in Heppner over St. Patty's Day. He was into bird dogs and really impressed by the sheep dog trials.

One observation he made was that his kids were allowed to go up and pet on the dogs, something never allowed at bird dog trials, but not even paid attention to at the sheepdog trials. i just nonchalantly said, " Border Collies are smart enough to realize when it'stime to work and when its time for family." I didn't realize I had iven a backhanded slam, but he took it good naturedly.

Lots of good areas foir those dogs in Baker County,

PPRM

Nicky,
where in Idaho did you two come from, I grew up in Salmon, have relatives in Mackay, so I recognized the Mountains that Jersey Lilly posted on here. This is a small world.

Well, I was born in Arco, but I told someone that and she said "I'm sorry" :???: . My folks only lived there 6 months, I was only there 3months. I lived in Middleton most of my life, it is about 25 miles from Boise. And Mike grew up in Meridian which IS Boise now. Thank goodness we don't live in that area now :) It's sad how the good farm/ranch ground is getting built up :evil: Oh well, we like it here, nice neighbors and not that many of them!
Lilly - post some of those Idaho picutures now that the cat is out of the bag :wink:

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
pssssssssst sw, I haven't posted any idaho pictures on here yet, those were on the disc I sent ya. hehe

Jersey,

But you did! That awesome quilt you made of that cabin you used to stay in near Mackay, ID. You posted a pic of the cabin and compared it to your quilt. :wink:

Latest posts