• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Finally back

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Trinity man

Reaction score
Been pretty wet in our part of Texas. Seems every time I look up the Trinity river is coming out, one year it flooded us 7 time in one year. Oldtimers in our area said they never seen it flooded that much. We was under water for up to 38 day one flood, when it went back there wasn't any grass left for cattle to eat and was left to sell cattle and just stick with harvesting pecans off the ranch. With over 450 pecan trees its turned into a fuller time job than raising cattle. Our family is still going. Our oldest daughter is graduating high school this year, she has been the runner in the family. Been running cross country and track since the 7th grade and been to the state meet several time in both since high school. Now its the fun times of coaches recruiting her for college. We have a trip planned in March from Texas to SD then over to Iowa. Then another one going to NC. With her going far off to college help around the orchard will fall to the next two gals. But they are also busy at school with UIL, band, and drama class they aren't home much either. So I guess I will either have to double time it, sweet talk the wife into helping after she gets home from work, or hiring someone part-time. I think the last of the three will be my option.

This raining keeps up I will have part-time lake lots for everyone.

Yes it is. The funny thing is back in sept I was worried I was going to lose all my pecans to drought. We didn't have hardly any rain all summer until October and some poured barrels out.

Latest posts