• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Finally finished my picture CD

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
After being inspired by SW and Jersey Lilly I made a picture DVD. I thought it would be something you could watch on the computer or a DVD but when it was finished realized I didn't read the fine print :oops: You can ONLY watch with a DVD player unless you have the software on your computer, darn it :mad: Oh well. If anyone is interested pm me your addresses. If you don't have a dvd let me know, and I'll send the 'alternate'

I am so computer illiterate, it's sad, and I have a question for those of you who know how to "burn a cd". My Dell computer has two slots for cd's, the top one says computer disk and the bottom one says DVD ROM on one side and compact disk re-writable ultra speed on the other side. I've never burned a disk in either and don't have the foggiest idea how to go about doing that. I'd like to save the pictures I have on my hard drive to a disk to free up some memory. How do I do that and which disk slot to I use to do it? And can I use CD-RW disks for pictures or do I have to use DVD's?

Help!!!!

Liberty Belle said:
I am so computer illiterate, it's sad, and I have a question for those of you who know how to "burn a cd". My Dell computer has two slots for cd's, the top one says computer disk and the bottom one says DVD ROM on one side and compact disk re-writable ultra speed on the other side. I've never burned a disk in either and don't have the foggiest idea how to go about doing that. I'd like to save the pictures I have on my hard drive to a disk to free up some memory. How do I do that and which disk slot to I use to do it? And can I use CD-RW disks for pictures or do I have to use DVD's?

Help!!!!

Liberty Belle, the DVD ROM is Read Only Memory so it can't burn anything, only read DVDs and CDs, the compact disk re-writable ultra speed thingy is the one you can burn a CD in. For your pictures, you can burn a CD-RW on that compact disk rewritable one since you don't have a DVD burner. Hope that helps Mrs Belle but someone better check if I'm right... :mrgreen:

if you have a cd burner on your computer, when you open your pictures in My documents or where ever they all, you should be able to go to
File...
Select all(if your saving em all to free up space)
and then there should be an option on the left margin
Write these files to CD

Yes Nicky I'd love to see your CD. Do you still have my address, or do I need to PM it to you?
I'll need the computer version since my brand spankin new DVD player isn't one that recognizes photo files. :cry:

Latest posts