• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Finally! New Orleans Back to Normal.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Shots Ring Out During New Orleans Parade
Jan 16 12:16 AM US/Eastern
Email this story

NEW ORLEANS

A parade intended to show unity and support for the city's rebuilding was instead marred by violence Sunday when shots rang out, wounding three people as the event drew to a close.

Not long after the parade wrapped up, police officers patrolling the route heard gunfire. They then found a 34-year-old man with multiple wounds, police spokesman Gary Flot said.

Minutes later, after more shots rang out, officers discovered an 18- year-old woman wounded in the leg. A man, 20, also was shot in the leg, in the same area.

All three were admitted to local hospitals, where the 34-year-old was listed in guarded condition; the 20-year-old was in fair condition, and the 18-year-old in good condition Sunday night, Flot said. Their names were not immediately available.

A crowd of thousands had gathered for what had been a festive occasion for New Orleanians determined to make their way back from temporary homes in places such as Houston and Atlanta.

The Social Aid & Pleasure Club All-Star Second-Line featured clubs marching in support of New Orleans' renewal and their own role in the city's future.

"This is not what I came back here to see," said Delanda Garner, who has been staying in Houston.

We spoke with some friends who just moved back to New Orleans from their temporary housing in Kentucky which was a God-send and a pleasant stay. They said people in New Orleans can be sounding quite normal despite their new circumstances (no electricity, no phone, no trash pick-up, limited food selection, irregular mail, damaged houses etc.) then the next minute just any little thing can set them off into an outburst of anger. Post traumatic stress syndrome. They moved back ready to finish repairs only to find out he is losing his job which means moving again.
The press has shown the bad apples in New Orleans but there are plenty of good people there too who are hurting in more ways than we can guess.

Heard on the radio today someone calling into talk radio, sez she just went down a street (don't remember what it was) and guess who was cleaning up the garbage???? Hmmmm?? It was volunteer VANILLAS!!!! She said there sure weren't any "Chocolates" out there! :wink:

Hanta Yo said:
Heard on the radio today someone calling into talk radio, sez she just went down a street (don't remember what it was) and guess who was cleaning up the garbage???? Hmmmm?? It was volunteer VANILLAS!!!! She said there sure weren't any "Chocolates" out there! :wink:

That's right "YO"! The chocolates are raising hell cause all of all the hispanics down there takin away their jobs too! :???:

What a few more feet of deep water would'nt have cured..That mayor Nagin is the biggest racist I have ever seen if I was near him he'd get knocked on his a$$.You can't help those who can't help themselves.

Gee Mike do you think they are starting to get the picture? I think Denny is getting his first glimpse.

Alabama said:
Gee Mike do you think they are starting to get the picture? I think Denny is getting his first glimpse.

If they only knew how bad it REALLY is. :???: :???: :???:

Latest posts