• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

fire

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher

Reaction score
Watch your catalytic converters on your pick-ups.

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&tts=1&display=rednews/2005/07/21/build/local/22-fire.inc

Rancher, I have had 2 catalytic converters ,on 2 Ford trucks, plug up and get RED hot. One was on a little '86 Ranger(V6) that I had many years ago, and the other, just this spring, on an '86 F150 that we use around here.
Both times the pickups started to run rough,lack power and backfire,etc.
I was lucky enough to catch it before they started any fires.
This is probably illegal, but I just took the converters off, took all the guts out of them(smash it out with a bar) and put them back on the pickup. End of problem!! Made them sound cool, too!!

beentheredonethat- "Tam why don't you run your ranger out in a wheat field and leave the pickup running."

Well, for 3 reasons ,beentheredonethat.

A- Iam not Tam.
B- As I mentioned above, I had that pickup many years ago.I no longer have it.
C- Also,as I mentioned above, even if I did still have it, the converter is fixed and no longer gets red hot.

Tell us, beentheredonethat, have you ever "been" to school and "done that" reading comprehension thing?? :)

beentheredonethat said:
TimH said:
beentheredonethat- "Tam why don't you run your ranger out in a wheat field and leave the pickup running."

Well, for 3 reasons ,beentheredonethat.

A- Iam not Tam.
B- As I mentioned above, I had that pickup many years ago.I no longer have it.
C- Also,as I mentioned above, even if I did still have it, the converter is fixed and no longer gets red hot.

Tell us, beentheredonethat, have you ever "been" to school and "done that" reading comprehension thing?? :)

If you are not Tam then do not respond. Can you comprehend that, fool?

Hey Tim! This guy and Rumpranger would make a good pair! Wonder if this guy likes to play with gerbils too?

Mike- "Hey Tim! This guy and Rumpranger would make a good pair! Wonder if this guy likes to play with gerbils too?"

We can only wonder about that! :wink: He does, however, appear to be a big "Mr.T" fan.........."blah,blah,blah.....FOOL!". :D

Latest posts