• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fire

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
had some wicked winds today...40mph or so. about 11:30 I was cutting beans and smelled smoke!

wind blew some chaff up on the manifold, it got hot, and blew into a corner and got more chaff going... I figures it out, and went up by the trees to keep out of the wind. was working on cleaning it out and stopping the burning on the combine, looked out to the field and saw it up in flames!!!

got the local dept. out of the bar and got the fire under control. took about 4 acres of beans...they were making 65 bushel or better!!

had about 8 fires in the area today....damned wind made it tough today!

Fires and combining are a bad combo. You will smell smoke the rest of the season. What kind of combine?

deere 9610

worse part is the wind is from the north, so it stinks of Cornhusker.....

If it is a total write off, it'll be just like K State's 2009 football season! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'd think Jiggsy would have come to enjoy that Cornhusker smell...after all, he is a native born NEBRASKAN!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:

jigs said:
smelled smoke!

I got to this part of readin this post...and immediately heard Bill Cosby's voice playin in my head. Ya know....durin his "trip to the dentist" part of his stand up comedy he did back in the 80s.

OK I had to go find it.......and I'm laughin till I have tears...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBqY6cJD3CE

no, the combine is fine. melted a light on it , but now I blew a line so i hope to get it running in the morning....

worse part is the wind is from the north, so it stinks of Cornhusker.....

I suppose you think a south wind is a picnic for us in Nebraska. Tends to smell a little like Bird and Cat Pooo up here :wink: :oops: :lol: ......

Latest posts