• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

First bale of the season

Help Support Ranchers.net:

George

Reaction score
We had the "Blizzard" on Dec 26th but with the wind the cattle could still graze. They were on good pasture.

Then over night on the 28th we got 5" that fell stright down so I put out a bale - - - hoping to be able to see grass again soon.

Firstbaleoftheseason2012.jpg

I had to take the Little Cat over to get the Big Cat - - - It was in about 12" of snow.

LittleCat-BigCat.jpg

I had to go to "Yogi Bear's" Campground as I had gotton one of my plow trucks stuck there last night - - - I just left it till day light. There are several crazy families camping there for the weekend so they can go sledding on the back side of the dam.

PullingDumpTruck.jpg

The drift I got stuck in was about 5' high and about 300' long - - - the 980 had to go to 2nd gear to punch out the back side then I hooked onto the truck and got it back on solid footing

Gettingatow.jpg

View from the truck

YogiBearsexpressiontosnow.jpg

I'm not sure Yogi was happy with me!

Looks like you have been busy George. Your pic's brings back lot's of memorys for me. 25 years working for the road dept. (lot's of snow plowing) then 3 years loading coal with a 980G on a High wall miner crew.

Latest posts