• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

First bull sale.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
March 17th was "perfecho's" bull sale at Innisfail Alberta.
Tam and I took our grandson to his first bull sale. We had a great time. The sale was pretty good one.
Colt and Grandpa checking out the bulls.
FirstBullsale001.jpg

FirstBullsale005.jpg

Having some good Irish stew with grandma and playing with a new friend.
FirstBullsale013.jpg

FirstBullsale016.jpg

Waiting for the sale to start, Dang that was a good catalog
FirstBullsale027.jpg

Getting his first order for a bull.
FirstBullsale018.jpg

Oh oh, I think I bought a bull.
FirstBullsale028.jpg

We all gad a great day, even ended it at the Dairy Queen for a sundae. :D

Faster horses said:
WHAT BULLS? Looked like a GRANDSON day to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So where'd that cowboy find his hat, grandpa?????

I still say he looks like Tam. :D

Colt just loves his hat. Only time it was off all day was when grandma was feeding him or in his car seat. We picked it up a ne of the little gift shops in Medora ND.Just a little place the size of a old grainery . :D

The bulls looked really good but not my breed. :cry:
I had a good visit with another "Angus guy" that was helping his father in law pick out a bull.

Faster horses said:
WHAT BULLS? Looked like a GRANDSON day to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So where'd that cowboy find his hat, grandpa?????

I still say he looks like Tam. :D

The Little cowboy does look like Tam, but he has eyes and big hands like his ole grandpa, I would say the day was enjoyed by all.
good luck

Thank you for coming out Big Muddy, enjoyed meeting you all, wished I had had more time to visit, but with pay day in an hour or two......
3words, the sale went good, maybe a few too many bulls for the sale, so there were some good deals. I was pretty tickled to sell my lead off bull at $19000 and my average was $4500, the sale average was around 3700. A young fellow that occasionally works for me, was pretty tickled when he snuck out a pretty decent bull for $2100. My lowest seller was $2500 and he should probably not have been there
I have a feeling when Colt starts spending summers with the Grandparents, his cattle addicition is going to start......I was raised in town as well and spent summers and weekeends with my grandparents who farmed......I can thank them!

Great meeting you :D
I understand, sale day is very important to be there to answer the questions cause you never know who is going to show up and crack out on a bull.Plus all the little things that need attending to.
The bulls looked very good and well presented,

I joke around about Colt wanting to spend a week at the lake with the other GP's after helping me hay ALL summer. :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Faster horses said:
I had a good visit with another "Angus guy" that was helping his father in law pick out a bull.

But, but, but, they look like they could be MY kind of bulls :wink: :D . Glad you had a fun day with your grandson, at least his first bull sale was a good one!

WyomingRancher said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Faster horses said:

But, but, but, they look like they could be MY kind of bulls :wink: :D . Glad you had a fun day with your grandson, at least his first bull sale was a good one!

You should have gave Colt your order. :D

WyomingRancher said:
perfecho said:
Nuthin looks better than a good Gelbvieh on a good Angus ;-0

Truer words have never been said :wink: :p :D .

I'd like to see someone start a "balancer" type deal with RA and Blonde. Pretty sure I'd be a regular customer :D

Silver said:
WyomingRancher said:
perfecho said:
Nuthin looks better than a good Gelbvieh on a good Angus ;-0

I'd like to see someone start a "balancer" type deal with RA and Blonde. Pretty sure I'd be a regular customer :D

You could get in on the ground floor and start with your own. :wink: :D

gcreekrch said:
Silver said:
WyomingRancher said:

I have an energy budget, and it turns out there's just not enough left over to take on such a project :p

Silver said:
gcreekrch said:
Silver said:

I have an energy budget, and it turns out there's just not enough left over to take on such a project :p

I found just the red angus you need... jam packed with calving ease, with a 28 pound birthweight :wink: I can't use him since his calves would blow away up here, but he might just be the ticket for you. He's lot 163 in the sale.

http://search.redangus.org/animal/1422412

DISCALIMER... This comment is not intended to start a Pharo and/or purebred breeder bash. For entertainment purposes only :wink: :D .

WyomingRancher said:
Silver said:
gcreekrch said:

I found just the red angus you need... jam packed with calving ease, with a 28 pound birthweight :wink: I can't use him since his calves would blow away up here, but he might just be the ticket for you. He's lot 163 in the sale.

http://search.redangus.org/animal/1422412

DISCALIMER... This comment is not intended to start a Pharo and/or purebred breeder bash. For entertainment purposes only :wink: :D .

Gee I thought the purebred breeder bashes were just for entertainment. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts