• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

First cutting hay tests

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
just got the results back on some of our first cutting alfalfa. RFV ranging from 257 up to 278. Guess that late frost was not such a bad thing after all.

Already have it spoke for and 3 loads go out Monday for Pennsylvania, and one to Wisconsin.

And those results showed up on Friday the 13th, so there goes that superstition1!!

jigs said:
just got the results back on some of our first cutting alfalfa. RFV ranging from 257 up to 278. Guess that late frost was not such a bad thing after all.

Already have it spoke for and 3 loads go out Monday for Pennsylvania, and one to Wisconsin.

And those results showed up on Friday the 13th, so there goes that superstition1!!

Hey jigs, do you handle the shipping or does the customer. What's the price? Those loads you sold are going to dairies no doubt. Sounds like good stuff!

Are they large squares?

they sent the wrong part for my cutter on Friday. The correct one should be in this evening. If I get iot on I plan to start cutting late this evening and finish in the morning. If the rain holds off I can get it up thursday or Friday. It should need 3 full hot days of sunshine to dry.

Alabama said:
they sent the wrong part for my cutter on Friday. The correct one should be in this evening. If I get iot on I plan to start cutting late this evening and finish in the morning. If the rain holds off I can get it up thursday or Friday. It should need 3 full hot days of sunshine to dry.

WHAT kinda cutter you got Alabama..........good luck

I tried to get away with a cheap cutter from Agra Supply. It is a "Morra" and I wish I had spent another 1/3 the price and bought a Kune or a Vicon.
Dang anthills weakened the class 2-hitch pin so it broke and when the mower pivoted back, it wrenched the U joint out of the yoke.
It is hard to cut with too.

Mike said:
jigs said:

Hey jigs, do you handle the shipping or does the customer. What's the price? Those loads you sold are going to dairies no doubt. Sounds like good stuff!

Are they large squares?

3x4 squares, and the hay is all sold freight on board. for the most part we have a buddy who brokers the dairy hay, we sell locally and know alot of truckers who like to back haul hay then sell it when they get home.

averaging $115 / ton and the bales were weighing 1750 lbs!
looks dumb sending a semi out of the yard only 2/3 full....

Latest posts