• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

First Ever Red Angus influence ONLY calf sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BRG

Reaction score
I am pretty excited about this. What are all your thought?

Mobridge Livestock and I are working hand in hand on putting on the first ever Red Angus Influence ONLY calf sale in the country. So far we have 3130 head of calves and 55 head of bred heifers consigned to this sale on Oct. 25. Cattle Business Weekly is writing article about it before the sale, Working Ranch Magazine has told me to take photos and notes and they will run one after the sale, and it has been on the Beef website now for a while. I have had 3 different feeders tell me they are waiting to buy anything until this sale and then 2 other feeders say they will be there as well.

Mobridge Livestock does a great job in marketing their customers calves, and especially the Red Angus influenced calves, where some barns discourage anything that is not black. I think their will be a couple hundred more calves consigned within the week. I am hoping for 3500 head, but 3200 will work.

Sounds like you are doing all you can to help your bull customer's get their calves sold...hope it continues to go well and you meet your goal!

They started the Black Angus sales up here about 30 years ago. It was a bit of a slow start but it seems every week or so another yard has their "Black Angus" sale. Yours will probably catch on pretty fast.

WVGenetics said:
Sounds like you are doing all you can to help your bull customer's get their calves sold...hope it continues to go well and you meet your goal!

Thanks!

This is taking a lot of time, but if we are going to do it, we might as well do it right!

That's a great way to promote your product. Good luck with the sale and let us know how it goes. Sale in Crawford friday 160 head of steers @ 643 brought 167.50 that's 1075/hd I would be happy to take that for my steers!! That was the high sale for the day, a reputation outfit that AI everything for first 2 cycles. The calves were a little light this year though. Seems that anything that was a little off like bulls or short ears they are really hard on, more than years previous anyway.

strawking said:
That's a great way to promote your product. Good luck with the sale and let us know how it goes. Sale in Crawford friday 160 head of steers @ 643 brought 167.50 that's 1075/hd I would be happy to take that for my steers!! That was the high sale for the day, a reputation outfit that AI everything for first 2 cycles. The calves were a little light this year though. Seems that anything that was a little off like bulls or short ears they are really hard on, more than years previous anyway.

WOW!!! That is quite the price. Good for them.

I watched the RA Brown Bull sale on RFD. The Red Angus bulls were being auctioned from 2000 to 2700 each at the time I was watching.
These were comming twos in Feb of 2012. The video showed them shorter than the white tops of the green steel posts. I guess they should of sold them as calves for these prices we are talking about. With all the ads and TV programs about RA Brown of Texas... that deal did not pay off as well but on heck of a lot of fun fir them

Hay Feeder said:
I watched the RA Brown Bull sale on RFD. The Red Angus bulls were being auctioned from 2000 to 2700 each at the time I was watching.
These were comming twos in Feb of 2012. The video showed them shorter than the white tops of the green steel posts. I guess they should of sold them as calves for these prices we are talking about. With all the ads and TV programs about RA Brown of Texas... that deal did not pay off as well but on heck of a lot of fun fir them

Actually it did, here are the averages:
152 Black Angus - $3854
160 red Angus - 4553
11 Black Angus with Red Gene - $3591
88 SimAngus- $3800
Total - 441 bulls - $4065

strawking said:
Don't forget synchronised, and summered in the forest, or cactus. One heck of a bunch of work, that seemed to pay off.

BRG said:
Hay Feeder said:

152 Black Angus - $3854
160 red Angus - 4553
88 SimAngus- $3800

Two years ago a two brothers from here went to RA Browns to buy want they considered the top end bulls. They picked 10 lots to get one. They scraped up $8,000 between the two of them and did not get anything. They said the top end bulls were very good after that it was just another bull sale. Disappointed they drove 800 miles back home with a empty trailer. I had a simliar experince with two black sales this year but did not spend four days going to the sales.
I think those brothers were after the Red SimAngus bulls as they can
AI Red Angus for what they were wanting.
For those of us wanting highest quality of bulls for our buck the lesson we learned was look at the economy where the sale is first... then the bulls.

Hay Feeder said:
BRG said:
Hay Feeder said:

152 Black Angus - $3854
160 red Angus - 4553
88 SimAngus- $3800

Two years ago a two brothers from here went to RA Browns to buy want they considered the top end bulls. They picked 10 lots to get one. They scraped up $8,000 between the two of them and did not get anything. They said the top end bulls were very good after that it was just another bull sale. Disappointed they drove 800 miles back home with a empty trailer. I had a simliar experince with two black sales this year but did not spend four days going to the sales.
I think those brothers were after the Red SimAngus bulls as they can
AI Red Angus for what they were wanting.
For those of us wanting highest quality of bulls for our buck the lesson we learned was look at the economy where the sale is first... then the bulls.

I don't know what the quality was, as I never got to see it except for about the first 10 Red Angus bulls(which looked good) after that I was out working a group of calves. But I do know Donnell and Kelly are good people and they have a great reputation. The cattle down south always look a little different than the cattle up here and maybe when those guys you spoke of went down, they didn't care for what they saw due to the enviroment. I know I have gone to TX and east of there into AL, TN, GA, and I didn't like what I saw, but it was the same genetics as I have seen other areas that I did like. Enviroment is huge. Just a thought is all.

Latest posts