• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

First one's on the ground!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shelly

Reaction score
Got the first calf yesterday, few days early but all is well. Let the fun begin!!! I hope this warm weather holds for the next two months, life would sure be alot easier. Happy calving to all who are at it!

Good to hear Shelly,nothing like calving season.I enjoy watching the new calves running around,and being there to assist any mother that might need a hand.It would be nice if this weather would hold for a while,i can live without the cold to.Hope you have good luck this calving season,and nothing but bull calve's. :D

We're supposed to start at the end of January, but have three so far. Two are the result of a big bull fight that took out a bunch of fence last spring, and the third belongs to a cow we bought in December that was supposed to be six months in calf. :?

They're all fine and having their own little three calf stampedes already, so that's fine with us. :D

Kato,

We have ran into the same thing. Weve had 5 early as a result of the bulls smashing out of their pen last spring. Good strong calves! We dont start til the 10th of February. Maybe if its cold in Feb we'll be wishing we had started early in January. Very wierd year! :???:

We have 8 so far, they are due to start on the 15th, seems calving ease calves usually come earlier :) All are fine, had a head back, and a foot back but got them out ok. It's muddy and yucky out but don't dare to complain about the moisture :) Good luck everyone!

The outfit I'm helping haul hay for is supposed to start today. They had 40 today by dark when I left for home, put them well past 100 head in a shade over a week. They are really hoping the nice weather holds!!

Latest posts