• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

first rattle snake

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mr FH would fix something on the fender so his dog wouldn't fall off. Is that a possibility for your quad? I know he has attached a box somehow on one. So glad Patty didn't get bitten. You have a lot of snakes. EEK.
My old Bear dog only fell off twice that I can remember. Patty is only about 16 months old and more interested in looking for something to chase than hanging on for the ride. She has been with me when I have killed 3 or 4 snakes. She thinks that I am pretty brave. She wants nothing to do with rattle snakes.

First rattler up close to the house in a couple years. Well it isn't coming back unless its name is Lazarus and gets raised from the dead. The dogs have both had the rattle snake shot but both stayed way back. In fact Rufus is flat out scared of them. Medium snake about 27 inches or so. With 7 rattles and a button. A 22 with snake shot works wonders on them. Tames them right down. This is the 4th on our property this year. 20th overall.

P8022992.JPG
P8022993.JPG

Latest posts