• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

First time posting pics...Stacking hay

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Wyoming Wind

Reaction score

Our one year old in the hay field

Hauling hay with the old flatbed pickup and 2 hay wagons tied together

Our Drewby used to unload and stack with

Our little guy loves checking out the tires!
The end of haying is in sight after 6 weeks of break downs, fighting the weather, and probably one of the best crops of wild hay we've ever gotten. Lots of round bales to stack though; and then fencing stackyards, bringing our pairs home off of our forest allotment and hopefully the bears and wolves didn't taste too many of them!

hayguy said:
nice pics, could you elaborate on what a" drewby" is

It basically is a "modifed" hay sweep...gasoline powered, and was made at Drewby Machine Shop in Wheatland, WY, hence, the name. There are a few around in our area, they are pretty old but they run really really well! We use ours to load round bales on hay sleds pulled by Belgian teams in the winter--gas starts pretty good even in our cold weather. And they make our hay hauling in the summer go much faster! I'll post a better pic of the Drewby when I got a chance again![/img]

thank-you for the added pics and explanation. so many unique and usefull machines , i agree that gas is better in the winter, less plug in time and warm uptime etc. thanx again

Latest posts