• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Five-legged calf

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
I'm happy to say this isn't our calf, but we did come across it in our travels last week-end. Mrs. Soapweed took the picture with her digital camera which has more zoom than my little one. Anyway, this is a different sort of calf, with a leg up on life.

Goofyfive-leggedcalf.jpg

Comes complete with spare tire
Easytoputfootinmouth.jpg

Easy to put foot in mouth

Can't remember what that's called, just watched a show on it on Discovery, or TLC, show was titled "I am my own twin" It said that people that have this kind of defect, alot of the time have two sets of dna.

What really amazes me is that someone actually wasted a $1.50 ear tagging it. :???:

I can just hear it: "lets see... that must be c100, it has to be because that's the only straight black heifer calf we had this year isn't it?"
"No, it can't be c100, c100 was bigger than that."
"Well that's what you get for not tagging all our calves, George..."

Silver said:
What really amazes me is that someone actually wasted a $1.50 ear tagging it. :???:

You have a good point. You'd think maybe the calf could be picked out without the tag.

On the other hand, it would probably be considered discrimination if all the other calves got shiny new tags and this one didn't. It could suffer emotional damage for life. :? :???: :)

Boy that would wake you up if you were pulling this calf. They must have had to do a c section on the old cow. I wonder if they got kicked tagging that calf. :)

Latest posts