• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Flatbed and Cake Feeder

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I bet Soapweed's son Sparky could build a bed AND a caker that is every bit as good if not better than most that are on the market now. The price would probably be enough less that you could buy the gas and drive the truck down there for installation and not be out any more $ than if you bought factory made....and you could have the bed any way you wanted it.

Just sayin'. If I were looking for a factory made bed there's only one....Besler. Screw the underbody tool boxes. They are nice for a while, but they soon turn into safes and every thing in them will get nice & rusty. Been there, done that, & got the T shirt on 4 different flatbeds. Stay plumb the hell away from Hillsboro & Circle D. The Bradfords I have been around and seen always made my Spidey Senses tingle and say "Stay away".

loomixguy said:
I bet Soapweed's son Sparky could build a bed AND a caker that is every bit as good if not better than most that are on the market now. The price would probably be enough less that you could buy the gas and drive the truck down there for installation and not be out any more $ than if you bought factory made....and you could have the bed any way you wanted it.

Just sayin'. If I were looking for a factory made bed there's only one....Besler. Screw the underbody tool boxes. They are nice for a while, but they soon turn into safes and every thing in them will get nice & rusty. Been there, done that, & got the T shirt on 4 different flatbeds. Stay plumb the hell away from Hillsboro & Circle D. The Bradfords I have been around and seen always made my Spidey Senses tingle and say "Stay away".

Besler is okay but with electric over hydraulic you are constantly asking for trouble. IMO engine driven pump is the only way to go..

Circle5 said:
Thanks for all the input guys.

As far as the Welker goes. Does it have a good rotation counter?

I know the TS has a counter and you can set your feed ration with a flow gate.

also does Welker make just a Flatbed I couldn't seem to find one.

They have a pretty good counter set up on them. They will put a scale under them too, but that adds around 1000 bucks to the price.

RSL said:
gcreekrch said:
RSL said:
So am I correct in saying that a Hydrabed is only around $9500 USD? Pretty well all the ones I looked at at Agritrade up here (Red Deer AB) were about $15K. The difference would pay for the road trip.

Or you could make one to fit on a tractor for about $1500 and use the other $13500 for fuel that would be used anyway. :wink:
When you put it that way that's nearly 3 years worth of fuel here, but it does not lessen my need to find excuses for fun road trips. :D

here's a chevy----I've seen several for sale lately under 10k on pretty serviceable trucks....

http://montana.craigslist.org/grd/4253847377.html

coyote said:
I saw in town the other day a truck with a bale spear bolted into the box.
Anyone use one of these and do you have pictures?

I have one with a winch. Works ok Google truck hay spear for more imfo.

Latest posts