• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Flu Shots

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I learned my lesson about flu shots,none of that stuff for me,I never had a shot and never had the flu right ? Wrong!!!!!!!!!!! and if you catch it you will wish many times that you got a flu shot.I caught it last year and its rough,seems like there is a differnt strain every year and its always worse than last year.................good luck
PS well gotta get outside ,finish cutting firewood just a matter of time till winter gets here,been seeing several flocks of geese heading south as I was finishing a new fence,got that done and cows in there grazing some stubble,so on to the next chore ,firewood.

Haymaker, glad to hear your got your shot. Hubby and I didn't get around to it in Oct. and went hunting for one this week. Our doc said he wasnt' giving any- his vaccine order didn't come in and most places we called were all out or finished. We ended up going to another county's senior citizen place to get them. After all my years trying to convince folks to get flu shots I surely would have felt silly dying of the flu for lack of one!

nr,I had heard that flu shots may be hard to find again this year,about that time the voluntary fire dept & local clinic found some and give us all a flu shot for $18,I dont know if I caught the flu,or something similar last year but ,bad stuff nothing like the flu that was going around when we were kids,anyway glad you found some...............good luck

for all of those out there under the age of 49, there is also the flu-mist....a vaccine given like a nosespray that is found to be WAY MORE EFFECTIVE than the shot and with less chance of the ugly side effects!! I, too, had never had the flu and had, therefore, never got the flu shot!! Then, i was diagnosed with influenza "a" in april and was MISERABLE!!! My whole family got the flu-mist 2 weeks ago and we are all hoping for the best!!

The whole ranch went into the school today and got our flu-shots. Got them done first thing this morning. I asked the nurse about side effects and she really didn't say much. I told her if this killed me I wasn't getting one next year. :wink: :wink:

ranchwife said:
for all of those out there under the age of 49, there is also the flu-mist....a vaccine given like a nosespray that is found to be WAY MORE EFFECTIVE than the shot and with less chance of the ugly side effects!! I, too, had never had the flu and had, therefore, never got the flu shot!! Then, i was diagnosed with influenza "a" in april and was MISERABLE!!! My whole family got the flu-mist 2 weeks ago and we are all hoping for the best!!

My mother-in-law was going to get the nasal, but they told her it was for the under her age. Why is that Ranchwife?

rancher said:
ranchwife said:

My mother-in-law was going to get the nasal, but they told her it was for the under her age. Why is that Ranchwife?

how old is the mom-in-law?? they have not yet "studied" the mist on folks over the age of 49 and therefore cannot recommend for that age group!!! Or for folks with a compromised immune system....folks who have had their spleen removed or have had organ transplants will not be able to get the mist!!! have the first "official" case of influenza in montana up in Cascade county...an elderly man!! Here we go, folks!! bundle up, drink lots of warm fluids and take care of yourselves!!!

What I'd like to know is, if the US can't handle getting common flu shots to folks two years in a row, how on earth will the govt. handle a bird flu pandemic if it happens?? :shock:

ranchwife said:
rancher said:
ranchwife said:

how old is the mom-in-law?? they have not yet "studied" the mist on folks over the age of 49 and therefore cannot recommend for that age group!!! Or for folks with a compromised immune system....folks who have had their spleen removed or have had organ transplants will not be able to get the mist!!! have the first "official" case of influenza in montana up in Cascade county...an elderly man!! Here we go, folks!! bundle up, drink lots of warm fluids and take care of yourselves!!!

A hot toddy is a warm drink right or a flaming cocktail.

I've spent so much time at the Dr's this fall They gave me a flu shot a few weeks ago.

Latest posts