• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Follow the Money

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Whats also ironic is that there is talk today that AIG- after borrowing $100 BILLION of taxpayers money, will still have to split up the conglomerate and sell out at a dime on the dollar- and leave the taxpayers holding a $100 BILLION worthless debt.... :shock:

But just keep voting for more Bushenomics and more of the McSame..... :(

Convention wisdom - Following the money
Saturday, October 18, 2008
The Federal Election Commission just released info about the Republican National Convention, specifically who paid for it:

Freddie Mac, and AIG — both of whom were just bailed out by the US government — somehow seemed to have enough money to give a quarter of a million dollars each.

JPMorgan — who bought troubled Bear Stearns — contributed $100,000.

The largest corporate donor was Minneapolis-based Target, which gave $3 million, followed by Qwest with $2.9 million, and Best Buy with $2.7 million.

It is one of those ironic twists that even though corporations are prohibited from giving money to political candidates, they can give as much money as they want to political conventions.

No numbers have been released for the Democratic National Convention yet, even though it was held first.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20081018/pl_bloomberg/axkxmxbffle

But this would not has passed if all the Democrats had not voted for it. Check the record it would have failed if not for them, as someone else said just more BS.

tom4018 said:
But this would not has passed if all the Democrats had not voted for it. Check the record it would have failed if not for them, as someone else said just more BS.

You're correct- but who came begging for it :???: Who said the economy was in total failure and would collapse without the bailout of the their fatcat buddies :???:

If I remember right it was Oilman/former Corporate bankrupter GW Bush and his stooge- former Goldman Sachs CEO mulitmillionaire Henry Paulson...Both who either fell asleep at the wheel or where so incompetent, that they allowed the whole works to happen without an idea it was coming :(

Oldtimer said:
tom4018 said:

You're correct- but who came begging for it :???: Who said the economy was in total failure and would collapse without the bailout of the their fatcat buddies :???:

If I remember right it was Oilman/former Corporate bankrupter GW Bush and his stooge- former Goldman Sachs CEO mulitmillionaire Henry Paulson...Both who either fell asleep at the wheel or where so incompetent, that they allowed the whole works to happen without an idea it was coming :(

"If I remember right", it was the Democrats that forced banks to loan money to high risk borrowers in the first place by playing the race card and saying that everyone, regardless of their ability to pay, had the "right" to own a home. Gutless Republicans, afraid of being called racists, went along with it. "If I remember right", it was the Bush administration that warned of trouble ahead and called for reforms that might have averted this whole mess. "If I remember right", it was Democrats that blocked those reforms. "If I remeber right", it was Chris Dodd and Barack Obama that not only were insrumental in blocking those reforms but, coincedently, received the most money from the very companies that should have been reformed in the first place. Follow the money indeed. :roll:

VanC said:
Oldtimer said:
tom4018 said:

"If I remember right", it was the Democrats that forced banks to loan money to high risk borrowers in the first place by playing the race card and saying that everyone, regardless of their ability to pay, had the "right" to own a home. Gutless Republicans, afraid of being called racists, went along with it. "If I remember right", it was the Bush administration that warned of trouble ahead and called for reforms that might have averted this whole mess. "If I remember right", it was Democrats that blocked those reforms. "If I remeber right", it was Chris Dodd and Barack Obama that not only were insrumental in blocking those reforms but, coincedently, received the most money from the very companies that should have been reformed in the first place. Follow the money indeed. :roll:

VanC- and you can add in all Foreclosure Phils deregulation laws passed by Repubs and signed by Clinton that allowed the non oversight and all this phony money trading....

I guess we could go back to Alexander Hamilton and George Washington- who proposed, pushed thru Congress, and signed the first law that gave a penalty or preference to a certain industry- and did away with any true free market system the country had-which now requires oversight and regulation- and blame him....

Oldtimer said:
tom4018 said:

And you think with Obama it would be different?
Obama is a mistake for America, granted there are better choices than McCain but he is the better of the two. IMO

Oldtimer said:
VanC said:
Oldtimer said:

VanC- and you can add in all Foreclosure Phils deregulation laws passed by Repubs and signed by Clinton that allowed the non oversight and all this phony money trading....

I guess we could go back to Alexander Hamilton and George Washington- who proposed, pushed thru Congress, and signed the first law that gave a penalty or preference to a certain industry- and did away with any true free market system the country had-which now requires oversight and regulation- and blame him....

You don't think the Chairman of the Banking Committee being the largest recipient of "donations" had anything to do with it?

Sandhusker said:
Oldtimer said:
VanC said:

You don't think the Chairman of the Banking Committee being the largest recipient of "donations" had anything to do with it?

So that the reason Freddie Mac and AIG are donating $250,000 (of what is now taxpayer money) to the REPUBLICAN party convention :???:

Why would Freddie Mac waste their money on the Democrats when they know they've already got them in their back pockets?!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts