• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Football

Help Support Ranchers.net:

eatbeef said:
when you find a KSU fan that was a fan in the 80's, then you know you have a TRUE football fan, not just some band wagon ass from Nebraska...

You mean KSU band wagon fans??? Nebraska's tickets have been sold out since 1962, my grandpa bought his first season tickets tickets in 1959, and i am still sitting in the same seats today.

IF KSU HAS SUCH GREAT FANS WHY ARENT THIER GAMES SOLD OUT?????????????????? Hell it was friday afternoon and i have 2 different friends that got phone calls about tickets to go to the KU vs. KSU game last week, that dont happen in Nebraska, its a privilage to go, not just something you can walk into.

Congrats on keeping your tickets for 50 years. You've seen lots of good football over the years. I was one of those KSU fans in the 80's. I recall watching games with NO ONE sitting in the north or south end zone, except when the Corn came to town and the place would fill up. Nice folks, (we always got along with the land grant universities - still do) and we'd get whupped by the Corn every time.

Fast forward to 2012....yep, it's a great atmosphere. You might check also your facts, the home games ARE sold out. Yes, when extra tickets pop up, we call our friends. If I wanted to experience the "privelage to go" (your words, not mine) to your precious Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, a quick visit to the likes of Stubhub, Ticketmaster, Ticketsforless, etc, indicate what the Hucksters do with their excess tickets, and they ain't giving them to their friends. Yes, you could "walk into" the place with at least 1,000 of your closest friends if you have a big enough pile of cash. Not sure how many of your tickets wind up in the hands of scalpers, but it's a bunch.

sold out record is a bit scewed. I know for a FACT, direct from a coach at NU, that if the tickets are not all gone by a certain day, a few companies "buy them out" to preserve the sell out record...

Manhattan is a beautiful town, would I live there? no. I like my little corner of the world. and I was a fan in the 80's...my junior year in high school was Snyders first year, I recall buying one ticket, and 8 of us getting in. KSU has the huskers fans all in an uproar because you beat us for so long, and you were happy, then we get competative, and you say good job, keep trying..then we beat you, and it is like we got caught humping your sister.... it just aint gonna be like this!!! but then we win again, and NU says " what the hell??? now we start to vote against NU in the big 12...NU cries like a bitch, and leaves the conference...we all enjoy having them gone, but thier fans continue to come to KSU boards to tell us how much better off they are now... great, enjoy, we are happy that you are happy...go enjoy being mid pack in the nations 4th best conference...

HUCK THE FUSKERS

Skewed or not, they are all SOLD OUT.

All your rants speak VOLUMES of your hatred & jealousy of Nebraska.

Mid-pack in the 4th best conference? Still pays waaay better than what your revenue wll be. Plus, like Sandy sez, we don't have to put up with Texas.

Plus, win or lose, we are on TV EVERY WEEK! :wink: 8) :D

so, now you admit it was just about the money? and Ohio State will be your new texas.... not jealous of NU at all, hatred, sure. after 40 years of listening to the bullsh!t spewed out by husker fans, I think they are just a carbon copy of an Obama fan...lie lie lie, ignore the truth, and think you are the greatest when the rest of the nation knows you suck ass.

I highly doubt that your mid pack preformance in the 4th best conference will net you more cash than a Big 12 school, after we re-did our tv contract.....

jigs said:
I would rather have a sh!tty history and a team that COULD go undefeated and play for a title, than have that Husker history, and sucking it up in the 4th best conference in America...

Jiggsy, you know that you would give your right arm for the Husker's history. 5 National titles, 40 some conference titiles, more academic all-americans than anybody else, best record in the 70s, 80s, 90s.

Yeah, you're having a good year. Enjoy it. Yeah, the Big 10 is down this year - that happens. Just know that K St. will always be our little brother.

Now shut up or we'll take you down and give you a wedgie.

Sandhusker said:
jigs said:
I would rather have a sh!tty history and a team that COULD go undefeated and play for a title, than have that Husker history, and sucking it up in the 4th best conference in America...

Jiggsy, you know that you would give your right arm for the Husker's history. 5 National titles, 40 some conference titiles, more academic all-americans than anybody else, best record in the 70s, 80s, 90s.

Yeah, you're having a good year. Enjoy it. Yeah, the Big 10 is down this year - that happens. Just know that K St. will always be our little brother.

The final 4 times Neb played TX, you were 0-4. The last 4 times KSU has played TX, we're 4-0. If you'd of had the same record as KSU over TX, do you think you'd still be in the B12?

Beefman said:
Sandhusker said:
jigs said:

The final 4 times Neb played TX, you were 0-4. The last 4 times KSU has played TX, we're 4-0. If you'd of had the same record as KSU over TX, do you think you'd still be in the B12?
hell yes they would.... where will NU go in a few years when they finish mid pack consistantly?? sun belt conference???

jigs said:
Beefman said:
Sandhusker said:

hell yes they would.... where will NU go in a few years when they finish mid pack consistantly?? sun belt conference???

Good point. They might also want to hold a place in line for Mizzou. They too left the B12 for greener pastures. Mizzou will get destroyed by Bama on Sat. Score will be worse than the Corn's score at Ohio St.

While I do believe that K State is little brother to Nebraska. That could change if K State pounds Nebraska like the next 5 times they play. But it might take 50 years or more for them to play 5 times. They do make a good point about the records vs Texas. While Nebraska does have a good history, I'm tired of hearing about their tradition. The university of Nebraska doesn't care anything at all about tradition. The only thing they care about is money. And I can't say I blame them, but stop all the tradition BS talk. If they did care about tradition, they wouldn't have ran off to the big 10 at the first rumor of Texas going to the pac 10. If I remember correctly Nebraska was pretty succesful on a national level when they were part of the big 8. If they would care about tradition they would have told Texas to fly a kite and stuck with the teams left. One of my favorite games to watch was alway Colorado vs Nebraska I think it was always the day after thanksgiving, it was almost always competitive regardless of what record either team had. And because the only thing either school had on their mind was where can we get the most money, that tradition is shot to he!! One more point is that where Nebraska might have had several little brothers in the big 8-12 they moved to the big 10 where they are going to be little brother to the likes of Ohio State for sure probably Michigan, maybe Michigan State, and until the whole Jerry Sandusky thing you could have put Penn State in there to.

So if NU would have stuck with the big 12 and voted with the old big 8 teams and said screw texas. Texas would have left, A&m were on the way out, and rumblings of oklahoma st. leaving and colorado. So that would have left us with alot wouldnt it?? NOW Kansas State decides to play football when we leave and the big 12 is back in business? So maybe we should have stayed, who knows, but sure is fun getting on here every night on reading what some bad ass kstate fan has to say!

I'm not a huge K State fan nor a huge Nebraska fan. I will watch either if they are on tv though. I just like the big 8 or 12 in gereral. I belive I said you can't blame nebraska for leaving because of the money. Just stop all the crap about tradition and confrence titles and stuff like that, cause it just dosn't matter.

Just stop all the crap about tradition and conference titles and stuff like that, cause it just doesn't matter.

It really doesn't. That crap sounds like something a Notre Dame fan would say.

3 M L & C said:
The university of Nebraska doesn't care anything at all about tradition. The only thing they care about is money.

Pretty obvious you've never seen the Athletic Dept. offices, football locker rooms, or even seen what is inside the Memorial Stadium building, and I ain't talking about the field.

I'm sure I'll hear more soon. Daughter #2 will be starting her athletic training section with the football team next week. She's wrapping up (no pun intended) with the men's gymnastics team this week.

loomixguy said:
3 M L & C said:
The university of Nebraska doesn't care anything at all about tradition. The only thing they care about is money.

Pretty obvious you've never seen the Athletic Dept. offices, football locker rooms, or even seen what is inside the Memorial Stadium building, and I ain't talking about the field.

I'm sure I'll hear more soon. Daughter #2 will be starting her athletic training section with the football team next week. She's wrapping up (no pun intended) with the men's gymnastics team this week.

No I havn't, maybe they used to care, and some still do. But you can't tell me the guys at the top care one bit, other wise they would have tried to make the big 12 work even without Texas. eatbeef earlier mentioned 4 teams that wanted to leave when Nebraska paniced, I believe there has been 4 teams leave, and the big 12 still exists.

Do you Husker fans honestly enjoy being in the big 10? I think fans got more excited about playing teams in the big 12 than what your playing now. Just my opinion, but how exciting does Nebraska vs Northwestern sound? k State and Nebraska fans go at each other on boards like this. It would be a lot more fun if they still played.

it boils down to ego...for ages, NU beat KSU like a stray dog, and they try to point that out every time they can....they like to use it to build themselves up.... KSU fans point out that as long as NU won, things were fine...BUT beat them a few times, and that just aint right.....how dare you bat glorious old Nebraska...they have 5 dusty trophies.....NU was the boss, then they got shuffled ut of the top spot and did not like it, so they left.

pure and simple cry baby syndrome..... you will never get a NU fan to admit they are mediocre. never get them to admit they were beat...they always beat themselves, no team actually beats NU...

NU is the new Notre Dame....irrelevant, but look at our trophies, we deserve to be ranked on that alone.....huck the fuskers.

3 M L & C said:
loomixguy said:
3 M L & C said:

No I havn't, maybe they used to care, and some still do. But you can't tell me the guys at the top care one bit, other wise they would have tried to make the big 12 work even without Texas. eatbeef earlier mentioned 4 teams that wanted to leave when Nebraska paniced, I believe there has been 4 teams leave, and the big 12 still exists.

Do you Husker fans honestly enjoy being in the big 10? I think fans got more excited about playing teams in the big 12 than what your playing now. Just my opinion, but how exciting does Nebraska vs Northwestern sound? k State and Nebraska fans go at each other on boards like this. It would be a lot more fun if they still played.

Do you remember how the Big 12 was formed? The Southwest Conference was imploding, and Texas came knocking on the Big 8's door with their hat in their hand, seeking admission. It kinda screwed things up, as when it all shook out, Nebraska didn't play Oklahoma every year...a game with a long history of pride and tradition. Then things slowly came unraveled.

Seems like every church has committees for things like funeral dinners, bake sales, and things like that. And it also seems like every church has some big, bossy, unattractive, opinionated broad that just has to run and get her way on everything, and sooner or later the other ladies get PO'd to the point that they might even quit the church. Well, soon enough Texas became that big, bossy, unattractive, opinionated broad that just had to have her way on everything as far as the Big 12 was concerned. Moving the conference headquarters from Kansas City to Texas didn't help. Moving the Conference Championship game to Texas every year didn't help, having a Conference Commissioner who was firmly in Texas' back pocket didn't help, and then Texas not wanting to pay their fair share into the conference was pretty much it. The Big 10 approached Nebraska with a way better deal in the long run, financially and academically, without all the BS and politics, and the rest was a no brainer.

The Big 10 presents new challenges athletically, and the response on campus has been tremendous as far as the academic side goes. Students now have more opportunities than they ever did with research and development, among other things. Daughter #1 has a guaranteed job upon graduation, and she is only a sophomore this year, all due to the Big 10 affiliation.

The thing that has Jiggsy's panties in such a wad is that NOBODY approached K-State. Had the Big 12 imploded, they would have been Leftout LaMont. Nebraska had something to offer of value to another conference. Jigs has that IV of Haterade in his arm 24/7, so he can't see the reasoning on why Nebraska went to the Big 10, only that "they left, so they must be bitches" track. Had the shoe been on the other foot, K State would have left so fast our heads would still be spinning.

Beefman said:
jigs said:
Beefman said:

Good point. They might also want to hold a place in line for Mizzou. They too left the B12 for greener pastures. Mizzou will get destroyed by Bama on Sat. Score will be worse than the Corn's score at Ohio St.

MU left for a more stable conference. At the time they jetted no one knew the future of the big 12.

I have tickets to the bama game and yes they may get destroyed but it is always a great atmosphere when #1 comes to town.

loomixguy said:
3 M L & C said:
loomixguy said:

Do you remember how the Big 12 was formed? The Southwest Conference was imploding, and Texas came knocking on the Big 8's door with their hat in their hand, seeking admission. It kinda screwed things up, as when it all shook out, Nebraska didn't play Oklahoma every year...a game with a long history of pride and tradition. Then things slowly came unraveled.

Seems like every church has committees for things like funeral dinners, bake sales, and things like that. And it also seems like every church has some big, bossy, unattractive, opinionated broad that just has to run and get her way on everything, and sooner or later the other ladies get PO'd to the point that they might even quit the church. Well, soon enough Texas became that big, bossy, unattractive, opinionated broad that just had to have her way on everything as far as the Big 12 was concerned. Moving the conference headquarters from Kansas City to Texas didn't help. Moving the Conference Championship game to Texas every year didn't help, having a Conference Commissioner who was firmly in Texas' back pocket didn't help, and then Texas not wanting to pay their fair share into the conference was pretty much it. The Big 10 approached Nebraska with a way better deal in the long run, financially and academically, without all the BS and politics, and the rest was a no brainer.

The Big 10 presents new challenges athletically, and the response on campus has been tremendous as far as the academic side goes. Students now have more opportunities than they ever did with research and development, among other things. Daughter #1 has a guaranteed job upon graduation, and she is only a sophomore this year, all due to the Big 10 affiliation.

The thing that has Jiggsy's panties in such a wad is that NOBODY approached K-State. Had the Big 12 imploded, they would have been Leftout LaMont. Nebraska had something to offer of value to another conference. Jigs has that IV of Haterade in his arm 24/7, so he can't see the reasoning on why Nebraska went to the Big 10, only that "they left, so they must be bitches" track. Had the shoe been on the other foot, K State would have left so fast our heads would still be spinning.

I'm glad your kids are getting a good edjucation you should be proud. But you never answered my question. The move was made because of football and the money that goes with it primarily. Do you honestly enjoy watching Nebraska play in the big 10 better than the big 12?

Latest posts