• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Football

Help Support Ranchers.net:

4Diamond said:
MU left for a more stable conference. At the time they jetted no one knew the future of the big 12.

I have tickets to the bama game and yes they may get destroyed but it is always a great atmosphere when #1 comes to town.

Same for my Aggies. We'll probably never win a championship but we've had every game on TV so far and played fairly good football in the process. Never had that in the Big 12...AND we'll probably pocket more money than the Big Kahuna (Texas) in the Big 12 as will all the other SEC teams. Don't know what it is about the SEC but there is something special there and it's a good feeling to be a small part of it.

TexasBred said:
4Diamond said:
MU left for a more stable conference. At the time they jetted no one knew the future of the big 12.

I have tickets to the bama game and yes they may get destroyed but it is always a great atmosphere when #1 comes to town.

Same for my Aggies. We'll probably never win a championship but we've had every game on TV so far and played fairly good football in the process. Never had that in the Big 12...AND we'll probably pocket more money than the Big Kahuna (Texas) in the Big 12 as will all the other SEC teams. Don't know what it is about the SEC but there is something special there and it's a good feeling to be a small part of it.

I doubt you, or any team outside of maybe Ohio St, Notre Dame, Alabama and maybe 1 or 2 others will ever come within a stones throw of making the kind of $$$ that UT does. Just the way it is.

Plus, the SEC just happened to be the 1st league to have their TV contract come up for bids durin the most recent round. All of the big 4 conferences will probably be close to the same payout when all the dust settles. As far as watching games on TV, well, I guess I don't get to worked up over that. I will very rarely ever have the time to watch more than 2 or 3 games in a year anyway, so I don't care if they're on TV or not. Wouldn't be fall if I didn't get to listen to KSU on the radio when drilling wheat or cutting corn or milo.

pknoeber said:
Plus, the SEC just happened to be the 1st league to have their TV contract come up for bids durin the most recent round. All of the big 4 conferences will probably be close to the same payout when all the dust settles. As far as watching games on TV, well, I guess I don't get to worked up over that. I will very rarely ever have the time to watch more than 2 or 3 games in a year anyway, so I don't care if they're on TV or not. Wouldn't be fall if I didn't get to listen to KSU on the radio when drilling wheat or cutting corn or milo.

Actually I don't know if their new deal has not come up yet. If you only get to see 2 or 3 games a year you must have your priorities mixed up. :wink: (jk).

Good link:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2012/09/07/20-million-reasons-why-sec-schools-love-big-12s-new-tv-deal-with-espn-fox/

TexasBred said:
pknoeber said:

Actually I don't know if their new deal has not come up yet. If you only get to see 2 or 3 games a year you must have your priorities mixed up. :wink: (jk).

Good link:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2012/09/07/20-million-reasons-why-sec-schools-love-big-12s-new-tv-deal-with-espn-fox/

That is an excellent link. Maybe somebody here "might" read it and realize why certain schools left the Big 12 to begin with. Maybe.........

pknoeber said:
TexasBred said:
4Diamond said:

I doubt you, or any team outside of maybe Ohio St, Notre Dame, Alabama and maybe 1 or 2 others will ever come within a stones throw of making the kind of $$$ that UT does. Just the way it is.

I hate "Wyatt Vision" hope they figure out how to get Greg Sharpe back from the cornholers...

10 Most Profitable Teams In College Football - 2011

Team
Conference - Value - Revenue - Profit (Millions)
Texas Longhorns
Big 12 129 96 71
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Independent 112 72 47
Pennsylvania State Nittany Lions
Big Ten 100 73 53
Louisiana State Tigers
SEC 96 69 47
Michigan Wolverines
Big Ten 94 70 47
Alabama Crimson Tide
SEC 93 77 45