• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Football

Help Support Ranchers.net:

3 M L & C

Reaction score
Watched some of the ksu game. That might be the worst play called game I have ever watched on any level. KSU isn't a two minute offense all the time team. You come out of half with some momentum and the ball only down 11 and you throw three times in a row. You already knew from the first half that your defense couldn't stop Baylor so why wouldn't you run the ball like you have all year. Take about an 8 to 10 minute drive and get to within 4. Kind of feel bad for klein, he didn't look to good, but what they wanted him to do isn't who he is I don't think. I don't know for sure I guess I don't follow them as close as a lot of people.

Sorry Jigs! :cry: KSU looked pretty bad. Oregon goes down too. Makes ND #1 and the SEC will get in and win yet another BCS championship game. :mad: Go Georgia i guess cause i hate Bama :?

I enjoyed every second of it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Note to Jigs: I'm sure Ron Prince is available to give Bill some pointers for next weeks game against Texass.

Go Bears! Hook 'Em Horns!

I think they knew Bennett would prepare a d for them, so they tried to be some one they were not..... got caught in the hype, and over looked them... horrid preformance by KSU. Zimmerman on the side line was detrimental to us, and Tre Walker out hurt a lot also.

Rather be a beat up Wildcat than a bitter husker anyday...

PURPLE PRIDE ..... KSU still #1 in my heart, and nothing you ass clown Huskers can say will change that.... go back to your 4th best conference and have a Sandusky party.

Jiggsy, your MildCats were outclassed 7 ways from Sunday. Your defense was totally out of gas before the end of the first half. Out played and out coached, by a 5-5 team.

The clock struck midnight for Cinderfella last night in Waco.

Question is, will Texass finish what Baylor started?

what you fail to realize is that Baylor is a good team...the record does not show it, but they are a good team....

the opinions of Huskers are irrelevant, just bitter old men who know there is no way to a national title when you play in the Big 10....which is the 4th best conference in the nation, and after the new additions, I think the ACC may even be better than the Big 10

Jiggsy, your MildCats are not in condition, you saw it with your own eyes.

Will Snyder have the sense to retire at the end of the season? Or will he go to his usual MO, which is to raid the JuCo's? There is no long term plan at Manhattan....hard to build much of a dynasty when players aren't there for a full 4 or 5 years. Not much there for a new head coach to hit the ground running with, either. No wonder Prince failed miserably.....

why the hate for the JUCO route?? if a kid is a good athlete, but poor student, he deserves to be able to go juco, get his grades up, and transfer to a bigger school....

people seem to think it is like the sixties, and we need seperate water fountains for the juco players...

KSU is doing fine. the system works. Prince failed because he did not understand Manhattan, or the idea behind Snyders magic....we need to hire from the Snyder tree next time, and it will run smooth.... KSU is going to be competative for many years, national cream of the crop?? every now and then... but the way I see it, KSU is more relevant than NU in the past couple years.... maybe you better go talk about Bo and his short comings rather than worry about Manhappiness...

I stumbled across this quote, and it summed up what I think sets KSU and Snder apart from the rest of football....

What Bill Snyder has done is the equivalent of being one of the top finishers in a NASCAR race whilst driving an off-the-lot Prius

got get your 5 star players, our system works just fine.... no go back to the Sandusky league, and leave football to the Big 12 Pac 12 SEC, and ACC....the 4 leagues above you

Earth to Jiggsy...JuCo's are a quick fix, not the answer to the problem. Keep drinking that Husker Haterade....it does wonders for your thought process! :lol: :lol: :lol:

no, Juco's are kids with talent, who are just taking a different way to a four year school... they re just as good, just as able, and should not be looked down on because of the path they have taken....

look through the NFL, I bet you see more small school kids and Juco kids accelling than you do the big shot 5 star recruits....

got get your 5 star players, our system works just fine

Our system works just fine? Besides 2012 and that one other time 10 years ago, how has the system worked just fine? Not saying Nebraska's is working "fine" but just asking.

loomixguy said:
I'd wager that no other top ten college team has raided the JuCo's as much as Snyder. Quick fix, nothing more.

Quick Fix? Are you saying JuCo's that are worthy of playing Div 1 football should not be allowed?

How the heck do you think Bear Bryant won all those games back in the 60's & 70's? he loaded up on JuCo's every year because there was no limit on the number of scholarships allowed.

it is husker logic Mike.. huskers hate the JUCO, cause that is what Snyder did, and became competative, then actually had the nerve to beat Nebraska with them...they still have a chip on thier shoulders and can not let it go.

NU can avoid the JUCO that is fine. until they see the true potential of the Juco route, they will continue to be irrelevant in football, and that make me just happy as hell

the complete arrogance of Huskers about JUCO players is pathetic and degrading... if you are not good enough to spend 4 years at NU,. they don't want you at all.

Mike said:
loomixguy said:
I'd wager that no other top ten college team has raided the JuCo's as much as Snyder. Quick fix, nothing more.

Quick Fix? Are you saying JuCo's that are worthy of playing Div 1 football should not be allowed?

How the heck do you think Bear Bryant won all those games back in the 60's & 70's? he loaded up on JuCo's every year because there was no limit on the number of scholarships allowed.

A lot of times attending Juco has more to do with grades than athletic ability. Let's not forget Heisman winner Cam Newton attended Juco as well as Mike Rozier.

TexasBred said:
Mike said:
loomixguy said:

A lot of times attending Juco has more to do with grades than athletic ability. Let's not forget Heisman winner Cam Newton attended Juco as well as Mike Rozier.

Good point. Sometimes some kids at 18 are not physically nor mentally mature enough for Div 1 football.

If I remember correctly, several players on one of Bear Bryant's championship teams were 25 years old and older. People joked about his "Pro" players. That's a huge advantage.

Latest posts