• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

For 2blondecowgirls..

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandy said:
More to life than sex :???: Maybe you are going maaaad from eating our Canadian beef Denny.

Oh don't get me wrong!!!!!!!!I need a BEER break every now and again :wink:

My wife say's the only differance between me and an old herd bull is I get to sleep in the house. :p

2BC said:
as well as take your breath away in the bedroom
If a woman takes my breath away in a bedroom it is most likely it's because she has a pillow over my head.

Hmmmmm...PT...wonder WHY anyone would want to put a pillow over YOUR head?????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yeah...but I still love ya!!!! :heart:

I wouldn't take out of service...I'd just scare ya good!

Going to the hay fields....over and out for today!!

Denny said:
[]

Eye Candy now thats a hoot.My first wife was (EYE CANDY) problem was everyone was having a taste when I was working.No thanks to any gal that thinks their eye candy,I like mine plain no makeup just genuine.And your bedroom talk is more than we need to know.

Denny I have to agree on this point that eye candy isn't everything. Looks don't stand the test of time it has to be based on more then that to last because as we all know we don't look the same as we did at 20 somethings.

Her bedroom talk seemed not bad to me she didn't go in to great detail and I guess I think if you are typing and on the internet her "bedroom talk" wasn't at all that shocking :shock: ................but maybe i'm wrong.......... :???:

kolanuraven said:
Yeah...but I still love ya!!!! :heart:

I wouldn't take out of service...I'd just scare ya good!

Going to the hay fields....over and out for today!!

If I was still in the hayfield this late in the year I'd look forward to someone taking my breath away in the bedroom................passingthru style with the pillow....................haying this late how depressing :cry:

Not if it's your 4th cutting that is already spoke for & sold...and for good $$$$$$$!!!

If that's depressing.....I'll take it! :wink:

kolanuraven said:
Not if it's your 4th cutting that is already spoke for & sold...and for good $$$$$$$!!!

I thought you had already headed for the hay field today. :wink:

It is very foggy here this morning, less than a fourth mile visibility, and even almost drizzling.

This is one year I wish we were still haying in September. We've been done for a month because there was no more hay to be had. It is valuable stuff around these parts this year. You are lucky to have some to still get, Kolanuraven.

kolanuraven said:

Ok didn't think of alfalfa lol...................

Had plans of gittin up and gittin out to the hayfields soon as the dew dried off it, well wouldnt ya know....it was sprinklin this mornin when I got up....and still cloudy. So who knows when it'll git baled now.

Three years ago guys were still bal;ing frozen crop in March-we had no snow but it was too trough to keep so were baling it a weeks worth at a time. That's depressing.,

The year that my grandparents died we hayed until it snowed. Between my grandmother being sick and then funerals we missed a ton of hayfield time and went to school came home in the afternoon and hayed and that continued until it snowed that year.

CRM...no not alfalfa cause it won't make it here in this part of the world. Our heat is too much for it seems.

This cut is costal bermuda and 2 fields of sudan/fescue!

CattleRMe said:
kolanuraven said:

Ok didn't think of alfalfa lol...................

I thought of a first cutting and then decided against it, especially after the neighbors reported it took 8 acres to make a bale. :shock: I look on the bright side, look at all the fuel $$$ I saved! :evil: :twisted: :D :lol:

I'm still haying baled another 87 bales today have about 60 bales worth to bale tommorrow and then another 50 acres to mow,I have located a couple other pieces to hay and the stumpage is free so I will hay that also most likely another 100 to 200 bales..Its not the best hay but it beats snowballs.I am going to feed some Dried Distillars Grain and corn screenings with it.I keep haying it's more fun than welding by a long ways.Our state highway department is cutting the ditch banks clear back to the fence's so I will rake up a bunch of that and bale it,I baled some a few years ago that had layed there all fall and the cows ate evrything except the paper cups.I have enough hay but I would like to have 500 extra maybe cows will be cheaper this winter if I have the feed its not so hard to buy the deals.

Our yeilds are terrible this year average about 1500#s per acre or about a bale and a 1/4.

Denny

How much is the distillars grain and what is the feed value?
Corn gluten here is 39 per ton and 2pounds of gluten roughly equals 1 pound
of corn.Its pretty reasonable but supplies are tite.Cornstalks are pretty cheap
and abundant around here.

rees, I'm not Denny but I have fed DDG. From memory it is about 30% protein and 5% fat. I bought a 50/50 mix with cracked corn by weight in bulk at the feed store in town for $120/ton last winter. The finished mixture was supposed to be about 16% protein. I'm a long ways from any ethanol plant.

DDG is light and fluffy, but a bit oily. The cracked corn added body that made it easier to handle and the DDG cut down the dust of the cracked corn. DDG alone tends to bridge up in overhead bins and cake feeders.

I fed this mix to my calves from weaning all through the winter until green grass turnout time.

rees said:
Denny

How much is the distillars grain and what is the feed value?
Corn gluten here is 39 per ton and 2pounds of gluten roughly equals 1 pound
of corn.Its pretty reasonable but supplies are tite.Cornstalks are pretty cheap
and abundant around here.

The wet gluten is $24 per ton the dried distillars is $64 per ton thats testing out at 27% protein thats all I know at this time.Corn screenings I can get them delivered in for $62 per ton.The distillars I will pick up as the plant is only30 miles away.

Latest posts