• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

For all of the mothers on here

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sw

Reaction score
Just got this email, it touches on just about everything that has been posted the last two weeks. Gotta go, better call mom.

After 21 years of marriage, My wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner and a movie. She said, "I love you but I know this other woman loves you and would love to spend some time with you." The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was my MOTHER, who has been a widow for 19 years, but the demands
>>>of my work and my three children had made it possible to visit her only occasionally.
>>>
>>>That night I called to invite her to go out for dinner and a movie. "What's wrong, are you well," she asked My mother is the type of woman who suspects that a late night call or a surprise invitation is a sign of bad news.
>>>"I thought that it would be pleasant to spend some time with you," I responded. "Just the two of us." She thought about it for a moment, and then said, "I would like that very much."
>>>
>>>That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up I was a bit nervous. When I arrived at her house, I noticed
>>>that she, too, seemed to be nervous about our date. She waited at the door with her coat on. She had curled her hair and was wearing the dress that she had worn to celebrate her last wedding anniversary. She smiled from a face that was as radiant as an angel's. "I told my friends that I was going to go out with my son, and they were
>>>impressed," she said, as she got into the car. "They can't wait to hear about our meeting".
>>>
>>>We went to a restaurant that, although not elegant, was very nice and cozy. My mother took my arm as if she were the First Lady. After we sat down, I had to read the menu. Her eyes could only read large print. Half way
>>>through the entries, I lifted my eyes and saw Mom sitting there staring at me. A nostalgic smile was on her lips.
>>>"It was I who used to have to read the menu when you were small," she said. "Then it's time that you relax and let me return the favor," I responded.
>>>
>>>During the dinner, we had an agreeable conversation-nothing extraordinary but catching up on recent events of each other's life. We talked so much that we missed the movie. As we arrived at her house later, she said, "I'll go out with you again, but only if you let me invite you." I agreed.
>>>
>>>"How was your dinner date?" asked my wife when I got home. "Very nice. Much more so than I could have imagined," I answered.
>>>
>>>A few days later, my mother died of a massive heart attack. It happened so suddenly that I didn't have a chance to do anything for her. Some time later, I received an envelope with a copy of a restaurant receipt from the same place mother and I had dined. An attached note said: "I paid this bill in advance. I wasn't sure that I could be there; but nevertheless, I paid for two plates - one for you and the other for your wife. You will never know what that night meant for me. I love you, son."
>>>
>>>At that moment, I understood the importance of saying in time: "I LOVE YOU" and to give our loved ones the
>>>time that they deserve. Nothing in life is more important than your family. Give them the time they deserve, because these things cannot be put off till "some other time."
>>>
>>>Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby ... somebody doesn't know that once you're a mother,"normal" is history. Somebody said you learn how to be a mother by instinct ... somebody never took a three-year-old shopping. Somebody said being a mother is boring .. somebody never rode in a car driven by a teenager with a driver's permit.
>>>
>>>Somebody said if you're a "good" mother, your child will "turn out good" somebody thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee. Somebody said "good" mothers never raise their voices .. somebody never came out the back door just in time to see her child hit a golf ball through the neighbor's kitchen window.
>>>
>>>Somebody said you don't need an education to be a mother.... somebody never helped a fourth grader with his math. Somebody said you can't love the fifth child as much as you love the first .... somebody doesn't have five children. Somebody said a mother can find all the answers to her child-rearing questions in the books.. somebody never had child stuff beans up his nose or in his ears.
>>>
>>>Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery somebody never watched her "baby" get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten ... or on a plane headed for military "boot camp." Somebody said a mother can do her job with her eyes closed and one hand tied behind her back ... somebody never organized seven giggling Brownies to sell cookies. Somebody said a mother can stop worrying after her child gets married... somebody doesn't know that marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to a mother's heartstrings.
>>>
>>>Somebody said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves home.... somebody never had grandchildren. Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so you don't need to tell her.... somebody isn't a mother.
>>>

Thanks for the post. I just had to call my mom and tell her how much I loved and appreciated her.

My mother passed away when she was a week short of her 60th birthday.

God bless her, she was a wonderful mother, wife, grandmother and mother-in-law. She passed away in 1979. I miss her still today. No one ever takes the place of your good mother. NO ONE.

I really enjoyed reading the first post under this topic. How many times we miss the chance to say, "I love you."

My 87-year old father was put back in the hospital today and I will be travelling the 300 miles to Sheridan, Wyoming tomorrow. He is very weak and I think he is tired. Don't know what the outcome will be, but hopefully I will be able to once again tell him, "I love you, dad."

I got a little sentimental last night when I was talking about the songs he used to sing me. It is good to remember those times, though. They will never come again.

FH,
good luck to you and your father and have a good trip. Can't say much, leaves me at a loss. I guess it is OK to say that our prayers are with you on this forum, this is free of government, free of sensorship and free of NEBRUSKER!!!! Hope I can make you laugh. Have a good weekend.

SW...my mother passed away rather suddenly at the age of 49...i was 29 and expecting my last child...i never really got that "last chance" to tell her that i loved her and how much she meant to me...so, your words stuck a chord and here i sit at almost 2 in the morning...crying!! 6 years have past and i still hurt!!

Faster Horses...my prayers are with you today as you go to your dad...if fate and god have determined that he is needed back "home", may they give you the strength to make it through!!

kris

Thanks sw. That was very nice.. Makes ya think don't it. FH. Our prayers go out to you and your family. Just last week I went home. Mom wanted me to come and wash her walls for her. My mother loves to clean and you could take a white glove to her house and not find any dust. When she asked I looked at her kinda funny, knowing our cleaning history, she does and I don't. I said yes I would. On the way to her house that morning I just realized that my mom was 70 years old.... No wonder she asked. Where had the time gone? I had never realized my mom was that old.
I just came from the bull session, And it makes me sad... None of us have any control over the out come of trade between the US and Canada. They rehash the same old same old. Call each other names. All of us whether what side we are on have absolutely no control over the outcome. Wouldn't this be a boring world if we all thought the same? I know this is our livelyhood. But you have to deal with the problems that are presented to you and go on.. I guess it's more important to me to hear about the grandkids.. silly jokes and maybe a kind word for us when we need it. I have grown closer to some of you and you know more about me, whether good or bad than some of my neighboors... Geezzzz Life is way to important than trying to change someones vues about Rcalf or not!! THANKS EVERYONE I APPRECIATE EVERYONE !!!!!!

Ahh great! Now you've all gone and made me blubbery! Makes me appreciate the fact that I still have both my parents and all my siblings, and especially the one I'm proud to say I love with all my heart. My man!

Faster horses, God bless you and your father. Hope everything turns out all right.

Faster Horses, I hope all goes well with your Dad in the hospital. There is no getting around how stressful and sad that sort of situation is. Nothing in life prepares us. I'll be praying for you and your dad.

Here's another teary-eyed person -

FH, God Bless you and your family and your DAD. Ours prayers are with you.
Ranchwife, take care of your stepdad, let him know you love him.
Katrina, we appreciate you, too, just remember we are "rugged individualists" and I am SO surprised we (ranchers) have been able to form Associations, whether we agree with them or not.
Shelly, good for you, I, too, have both my father and my mother, unfortunately they aren't married to each other any more. We live several states away from them (and my sisters - they all live in the same state) and have grown apart. Maybe I should just choke it down and make a phone call...

Katrina, I have to spend most of my time in the coffee shop, no matter what names people call one another, we do not control what is going to happen in the end. We can choose to participate, or we can choose to ignore. If anyone of you on this forum thinks that the powers to be and the powers that are read this forum to decide international law and whether to open a border or not, you are wrong. I am getting very disappointed in the direction we are going. As I have posted before, I think that PETA, and the rest of the enviros, are sitting there laughing, we are self distructing and they did not spend a dime on it. Although I choose to laugh, I would rather go down with a smile, I will continue to post humor, and try to ignore the BS in the Bull Session. At least I do not have to put up with Nebrusker, R-CALF, Jared or who ever the heck he is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sw i agree with you whole heartly for sure/
My thoughts are with you FH and your father. Tomorrow would hae been my mothers 91st birhtday and i still miss here terribly and always think about her as she was a lifely lady until the day she died and i was with her at her home so that wasa nice.
I ahve been fortunate to have my siblings fairly close all the time. Youngest brother is the furthest away in in Minn so but he gets out here every summer as he is a rally fan.
Take care everyone and i like this forum also as don't like to read very much about everyone bikkering over everything we cannot change much.
Take care :D

Latest posts