• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

For South Dakota Ranchers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Juan

Reaction score
Jarrod Johnson,candidate for commisioner of School and Pulic Lands

Jarrod is a 1988 graduate of Brandon Valley High School, where he was active in both 4H and FFA. After high school, he enrolled at South Dakota State University. While at State he served as the co-manager of the Cow/Calf Teaching and Research Unit and worked in both research and teaching at the undergraduate and post graduate levels. He received his degree in Animal Science with a minor in Range Management.

Since graduation, Jarrod has been active in the Beef Production and Beef Promotion industry. Today with his father and brothers, Jarrod operates the Split Rock Cattle Company whose operations extend from Aurora to Minnehaha Counties. The Johnson family operation is engaged with conservation and water development programs and prides themselves on balancing resource conservation while maximizing their economic opportunities.

Currently Jarrod holds membership in the SD Cattlemen's Association, the SD Stockgrower's Association, the Sioux Basin Cattlemen's Association (past president) and the American Shorthorn Association. He currently is on the Board of Directors of the South Dakota Cattlemen's Association and serves as chairman of their property rights committee.

Jarrod is a small businessman. He is a part owner and operates Kota Story Meats, a value added beef processing and marketing company that wholesales and retails beef directly to homes and restaurants. Kota Story Meats consulted with the SD Departments of Agriculture and Department of State Development during the concept phase of the "South Dakota Certified Beef Program." Jarrod currently serves on South Dakota Certified Beef's processing protocol committee.

Jarrod is pro family. He and his wife Heidi, a Registered Nurse at Avera McKennan Hospital together have two children, Clayton 6 and Anna 1. They are members of Risen Savior Catholic Church at Brandon.
www.jarrodjohnson.con

A change is needed and IMHO this is the man for the job.

Thank You and tell your friends.

j

I plan to help his cause Juan, but I don't think he has much name recognition unfortunately. An incumbant is hard to beat at the ballot box.

They were at our place before, although I don't know alot about them. His wife's stepdad was the founder of Schwann's.

Tap said:
I plan to help his cause Juan, but I don't think he has much name recognition unfortunately. An incumbant is hard to beat at the ballot box.

A 4x8 hyw. sign would be a great help.

One from you also Cal

Thank you both. :clap:

Jarrod is a very good friend of mine. I was fortunate enough to work for and with him at SDSU. He has very strong family values and ethics. He may be east river :wink: but this gives him a very strong knowledge of all facets of agriculture. If I was still a resident of the great state I would be on the campaign trail for him. Good luck to you Jarrod.

I'm voting for Jarrod. I hadn't met him until this spring, but I've been very impressed by his knowledge and his stance on the issues in the several times I've visited with him since then. He'd be a much better man than Healy as head of School and Public Lands.

Got one of his big 4' x 8' signs on the side our shed you can see from the highway and have been handing out some of his posters and cards for him. It is tough to beat an incumbent, even an incompetent one, but I hope he makes it.

koj said:
Jarrod is a very good friend of mine. I was fortunate enough to work for and with him at SDSU. He has very strong family values and ethics. He may be east river :wink: but this gives him a very strong knowledge of all facets of agriculture. If I was still a resident of the great state I would be on the campaign trail for him. Good luck to you Jarrod.

Healy, is also east river. Didn`t know geographic location made a difference. Just for the record Jarrod is great person and has what South Dakota is all about.

EJ said:
koj said:

Healy, is also east river. Didn`t know geographic location made a difference. Just for the record Jarrod is great person and has what South Dakota is all about.

EJ...must agree about the geographic location statement. Lazy Ace and I just talked about this last night. While we live "west river" I meet great folks from all over...craziest thing I had ever heard of when we first started dating, and I'm from way farther "west river" (that is SW Colorado, originally) than his family is. I didn't understand it then, and I still don't understand it. Thanks for making this point...maybe you have to be born "west river" to catch on.

BTW...sounds like this fellow is a great one to vote for, east river or not!

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Latest posts