• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

For those who like gardens-some pictures of a Deadwood home

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr

Reaction score
When the bus was driving up a steep winding hill to Mnt Moriah Cemetery where Calamity Jane and Wild Bill Hickock are buried we spied an interesting garden over the edge. So the next day hubby kindly drove me back to take some pictures. I've always been interested how to do intensive gardening in awkward areas and this garden had all the problems! A very dry spot, vines on arched trellises for privacy, probably brought in good soil for the raised beds, steep hill on a sort of pie-shaped lot with close neighbors so they utilized lots of tricks: squash vines spilling over a stone wall, railroad ties to hold the hill, raised beds, wall-o-water around tomatoes, stone peagravel mulched walk-ways, espaliered trees, greenhouse, gazebo etc. Never saw irrigation but it must have been there underground, maybe soaker hoses? though the grass lawn area was pretty much dried. They did an admirable job though my pictures didn't quite do them justice.
Deadwoodsep3mineflowerstatonka004.jpg
Deadwoodsep3mineflowerstatonka003.jpg
Deadwoodsep3mineflowerstatonka014.jpg
Deadwoodsep3mineflowerstatonka008.jpg
Deadwoodsep3mineflowerstatonka017.jpg
Deadwoodsep3mineflowerstatonka010.jpg
Deadwoodsep3mineflowerstatonka011.jpg

Latest posts