• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fort Robinson Cavalry pictures, September 25, 2009

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Cavalry1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

per said:
Thanks Soap. Do you know the difference between the uniforms?

Unfortunately, no, I don't.

We did have an old neighbor, Jim Gray, who used to break horses at Fort Robinson back in the heydays of the 1940's. He was an enlisted man, but the exceptional horse breakers at the Fort had a little clout and pizzazz over the lesser quality army riders. He said they had to wear regular Army shirts and jackets with their names on it, and the same "Yogi Bear" hats that the others wore. From the waist down they were allowed to wear Levi's, chaps, whatever kind of cowboy boots they wanted, and their own preferred type of spurs.

Cool pictures.

LOL the one's wearin dark blue "union" color shirts, and gray "confederate" lookin pants, look like they coulda been for either side.

I honestly can't say about the uniforms either. Even tho Mr Lilly is a member of The Son's of Confederate Veterans. His uniform is all gray with the yellow piping and leg stripes.

Are those reenactors from the Civil war era? Or just Calvary durin the Indian wars?

The only Confederate uniform I saw is the fella mounted in the gray uniform....The tan uniforms are turn of the century "San Juan Hill" era cavalry uniforms ...

talldog said:
Too many Blue Coats---Not enough Greys !! :)

C'mon now, it was a plenty fair fight. Notice how they had to muster a whole company of them Blue Shirts for just one old grey Confederate?

And in the end, them Union boys took their horses and headed for home!!! :wink:

As always, thankyou for sharing so much with us, Soap.

bart.

<><

that fort Robinson area was some of the prettiest country I drove through this summer. If I could convince my wife to move there I would. Maybe she would send me a "support" check once a month?

THANKS for the pics.
I love the one with the 4 riding past the church or courthouse.
I bet you had a great time. Thanks for giving me another thing to google this morning LOL oh well thats what a day off is for

Great shots as always.......waiting on a calender

Im a new member. The reason I joined, my son is competing in the National Cavalry Comp. This is the only spot I have found pictures. Is there another web site I can find more pictures for this event? He is with 1st Cav from Fort Hood, TX Does anyone know the results of the competion?

timely.

I watched "Dances with Wolves" last night, for about the 15th time.

Was Fort Robinson not the fort they mentioned at the end? Where the Sioux Indians surrendered?

Latest posts