• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fort Robinson Trail Ride 9-30-11, Part One

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Peach got a new camera, so some of these were taken by her. The larger ones came from her artistic eye.
Thirtyridersassemblingforatrailride.jpg

Thirty riders assembling for a trail ride at Fort Robinson west of Crawford, Nebraska
Peachisinproperpositionasaparticipant.jpg

Peach is in proper position as a participant.
Offandrolling.jpg

Off and rolling
Thefallcolorsarepretty.jpg

The fall colors are pretty.
Theoldmanandhismarvelousmule.jpg

The old man and his marvelous mule
MymuleisalertTheworldneedsmorelerts.jpg

My mule is a lert. The world needs more lerts. :wink:
CarterPJohnsonLake.jpg

Carter P. Johnson Lake
Pausingforabit.jpg

Pausing for a bit
Lookingtothefront.jpg

Looking to the front
Lookingtotherear.jpg

Looking to the rear
Goingupthetrail.jpg

Going up the trail
Alwayssomeonegawkingaroundtakingpictures.jpg

Always someone gawking around killing time taking pictures :roll: :?
Goingaroundacutbank.jpg

Going around a cutbank
PatMeadegoodcowboysingerandguitarpicker.jpg

Pat Meade, a good cowboy, singer, guitar picker, and all around nice guy
TheLonghornsdontmindhavingcompany.jpg

The Longhorns don't mind having company.
Abitofcoloronbothcritterandcountryside.jpg

A bit of color on both critter and the countryside
Ivegothornsthatdingledingledangle.jpg

I've got horns that dingle dingle dangle.
Heretheycome.jpg

Here they come.
Theretheygo.jpg

There they go.
Acuriousonlooker.jpg

A curious onlooker
Rogerandhisass-ociate.jpg

Roger and his ass-ociate
Longhornstandinglookout.jpg

Longhorn standing lookout
Colorfulsurroundings.jpg

Colorful surroundings
Noonstop.jpg

Noon stop
Dinnertime.jpg

Airing out his back. His name use to be Willy, but I have changed it. He is now known as Tanactin--half fast actin' Tanactin. :)
Enjoyingalittlerest.jpg

Enjoying a little rest
Agreatdinnerwascateredtothestop.jpg

A great dinner was catered to the location where noon found us.
Rogerandhismount.jpg

Roger and his mount
Thereweresevenmulesonthetrip.jpg

There were seven mules on the trip.
Andanassortmentofhorsesinallcolors.jpg

And an assortment of horses in all colors

Wonderful place to trail ride.. Everyone should do that.. And if you're not into horses they have fun jeep rides... I competive endurance rode at Fort Rob.. One of the most learning experiances of my life...

yes,thanks for the ride.Pat and Nancy was a little way from home i think.worked with them both at the Humeston livestock auction for years.have done the 2-step to his guitar several times.they were neighbors within about 30 miles.brought home to the ozarks.

Thanks for the nice trail ride Soapweed. But this brings up a philosophical questions; As a "Rancher" you spend plenty of time in the saddle. Then you go on a trail ride to spend some recreational time. This leads up to my questions. What do people with other professions do for recreation? Is it closely related to their real jobs? Just thinking about it while driving a tractor this morning....

jeff in ca said:
Thanks for the nice trail ride Soapweed. But this brings up a philosophical questions; As a "Rancher" you spend plenty of time in the saddle. Then you go on a trail ride to spend some recreational time. This leads up to my questions. What do people with other professions do for recreation? Is it closely related to their real jobs? Just thinking about it while driving a tractor this morning....

That is quite a philosphical question that I can't answer for anyone but ourselves. Peach and I generally like doing what we do. My dad always said that he led a great life because his vocation and his hobby were one and the same. I enjoy watching rodeos and going to horse sales, but sports events, tractor pulls, and car races have never thrilled me too much.

Reading good books is probably my number one hobby, but then only certain kinds of books. My favorites are old cowboy autobiographies, and histories of the American West, along with bush pilot stories of the Far North. Fiction I usually leave alone because my B.S. detector works too well. :wink:

Latest posts