• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Found Pup...Corgi's?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PPRM

Reaction score
Yesterday, some Hunters came knocking at our door. They found a Pup (About 6 months old) at the Resevoir next to our place.

I was not home and Mrs PPR started to give directions to the local Pet Rescue. She realized these were nice guys from 3 hours away and had beeen trying to find the owner/do the right thing and it was taking away from thier trip, so she offered to handle it from there.

I never got to see the pup, but apparently it had been handled right. It knew sit nd down...It wuld not jump up and had a very sweet spirit. When she took it to Pet Rescue, they described it as a Blue Heeler/Corgi cross....

To tell the truth, we are not looking for a dog. Yet something is speaking to us on this one.....It is not the first good found dog we have taken in. I have not laid eyes on it, but there is something there.

What can you tell me about Corgi's as just can't icture them. I am a Border Collie guy.....I am also from the genre of cowdogs bring cattle to you....Do you think such a dog would fit?

I looked and saw Pup pictures by Hanta, but can't seem to find adult pictures.....

Any input would be appreciated,

PPRM

Queen Elisibeth has several,so they must be nice- :D -pretty good herding dog,for smaller spreads..Ones I've met are real laid back

Ok....I'm not really "The Queen", but I appreciate the comment....Good herding dog is good and laid Back seems to fit what MRS PPRM Described....

I am just wondering what they look like and how well they work/personalitites,

Thanks,

PPRM

You'll never know till you go get it!! It should be great as those are 2 wonderful breeds.

Half--if not more-- of any dogs " smarts" comes from how it is handled by the owner.

PPRM:

Here are photos of our Corgi...

dirtycorgidog.jpg

holly-11.jpg

holly-132.jpg

holly-3.jpg

She herds and is a great dog. Lazy ace and I couldn't be happier with her. She loves all people of all ages and really likes to herd.

This is what she looked like as a puppy.

holly.jpg

It would be very hard for us to turn down a Corgi. I'd say give him/her a chance!

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

I have a friend who raised some Blue Heeler/Corgi crosses (they have a reg. Corgie and their Blue Heeler got out of the horse trailer
when she was in heat-- :? )and they turned out to be
GREAT dogs. However, I don't think they'll bring cattle back to you PPRM, as Blue Heelers are heel
dogs and I think Corgi's tend to heel as well.
Anyhow, the people who got these dogs, just love them.

I'll tell you for sure, if I had the opportunity, I'd take the dog.
And if you do, we want PICTURES!!!!!!!

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!

We have a Border Collie x Corgi mix. She's not much of a hand, but we have worked with her so when she decides she needs to help. Super laid back and a pretty good cuddle buddy.

M_B_Oct_06_Tags_058.jpg

M_B_Oct_06_Tags_056.jpg

M_B_Oct_06_Tags_059.jpg

I love mine, there are however some that are not laid back. I got one, one time that there was just not something right with her, but I think with ever breed you sometimes run into one that just does not fit the typical. I raised them for many years...my old girl would work, she had a natural instinct. The height gives them maneuvarability without getting kicked, they are very quick, but do work mostly the heels. Lady would work both ends but it took some convincing to show her it was okay..she would rather push. The last male I had, would bark to much.

Anyway, to get to the point...TAKE THE PUP, you will not regret it. They make fun family dogs, with such a personality you would not believe.

Easty

PPRM,

Corgis have personalities up the wazoo. The ones we've ever had were cow-bitin' lil BIG dogs. They need to be worked with and trained when moving/working cows. The desire is very much there, it just needs to be channeled right. They very smart, and being mixed with blue heeler you might have a super dog.

I would keep it. You may want to check out if the pup has an EID implant first...before you get attached. Most vets with readers can read them. Ours have them in case they get lost without their collars.

Keep us updated! :D Post some pics if you can!!! :D

Here are some pics from our Yellowstone All Corgi Club....Corgis gone wild...it's amazing how all the Corgis play together and have fun....no fighting at all. The club has Corgis gone Wild in June, a meet and greet in Sept/Oct, a Halloween costume contest for Corgis the 27th of this month. I think we'll have our two in the parade the day after Thanksgiving.....in April they have another get-together.

Joey5-2007009.jpg

Joey5-2007005.jpg

Joey5-2007015.jpg

Joey5-2007003-1.jpg

Latest posts