• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fourth of July at Crawford, Nebraska, Part One

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
TheAmericanLegionleadingofftheparad.jpg

The parade was at ten o'clock in the morning. American Legion members started the parade by carrying Old Glory. The gentleman in front of me was so patriotic that he not only took off his hat, but he also took off his hair. :wink: :)
TheGrandMarshallswereridinginaprett.jpg

The Grand Marshalls were both living in their tenth decade, so they were in their nineties. They both appeared to still be fit as a fiddle.
Prettyquaintoldpickup.jpg

Pretty quaint old Model T pickup that they got to ride in for the parade
Crawfordparade1.jpg

Crawfordparade2.jpg

Crawfordparade3.jpg

AFortRobinsonentry.jpg

A Fort Robinson entry
Crawfordparade4.jpg

Thedriverworkedformydadin1962.jpg

The driver of this team was a young man when he worked for my dad in the spring of 1962. I was ten years old at the time, and Jim was my hero. He is wearing a patch over his eye in this photo. A few years after he left our ranch, he was changing jobs. While carrying his suitcase down a flight of stairs, he dropped the luggage. A pistol packed in the suitcase discharged, and as the bullet was richocheting down the stairway, it put out Jim's eye. For awhile he wore a glass eye. Once when he entered the wild horse race at our local rodeo, his girlfriend held the glass eye while he participated. He has always been a colorful cowboy.
Crawfordparade5.jpg

Crawfordparade6.jpg

WranglersfromFortRobinson.jpg

Wranglers from Fort Robinson
Turningthecorner.jpg

Turning the corner
Crawfordparade7.jpg

Crawfordparade8.jpg

The little gal in the fifth picture took a heck of a spill at the Rodeo, That night. A heckuva hot day, We were up the street from ya it looks like.

Mini Rancher said:
The little gal in the fifth picture took a heck of a spill at the Rodeo, That night. A heckuva hot day, We were up the street from ya it looks like.

Looks like she's mounted on a little too much horse....

Oldtimer said:
Mini Rancher said:

Looks like she's mounted on a little too much horse....

I agree with ya OT. I thought she was in trouble when I saw the picture. :x

Is that cute red stage coach smaller than they'd be normally? It looks that way to me.

Latest posts