• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

fracking and water

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Glad to hear of the re-use of such water. That sure does need to become the normal situation for far more 'water users', starting with cities sewage systems!!!! With all the flooding in eastern SD, cities have dumped sewage before it is adequately treated, maybe because they have no alternative, with no fines.

However, if a farmer has a flood affecting a feedlot lagoon, there are hefty fines, as I understand it. Cities have far more people to spread the costs over, including (at least in the past) federal grants or very low interest loans.

IF water is as scarce as many claim, and I know it is expensive, we need to be cleaning it up for re-use.

It does seem strange, given the fact that water evaporates into the atmosphere and returns as rain/snow in a cycle, that we could be "running out of it" as some claim.

mrj

I just watched the show "Cold Diggers" on Discovery channel. They were fracing a well. Said it took 6.5 million gallons of water and they maybe recovered 20 to 25% of water used. Not sure how they reuse it very far from the original well. That's alot of water to haul and they need it all at one time.

Latest posts