• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

fraudlent contractor

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
They got him!! Yep, I guess he heard the authorities were looking for him and he turned himself in. Posted bond and they released him on his own recognizance. He is to come here the first part of June. We will see if he shows. He could be in Timbucktoo by then. But I have my fingers crossed. Supposedly he wants to 'make restitution.' Well, he's darn sure a good talker, but I don't think too many of us will believe him this time around.

Thanks, OT, for your help and advice!

Faster horses said:
They got him!! Yep, I guess he heard the authorities were looking for him and he turned himself in. Posted bond and they released him on his own recognizance. He is to come here the first part of June. We will see if he shows. He could be in Timbucktoo by then. But I have my fingers crossed. Supposedly he wants to 'make restitution.' Well, he's darn sure a good talker, but I don't think too many of us will believe him this time around.

Thanks, OT, for your help and advice!

Good to hear FH- The long arm of the law is sometimes awful slow to act--but at least you got him into the court system- Now hopefully Lady Justice won't be blind....

I wish I could catch up with my fence runners-- would just as soon have them or their insurance having the fence rebuilt rather than me doing it...

Thats all I've done today is do JP work over the phone-- trying to help a dad get his idiot kid bonded out of jail--kid tried to be a safe burglar, but ended up worse than the Apple Dumpling Gang.......

Oldtimer: "kid tried to be a safe burglar, but ended up worse than the Apple Dumpling Gang......."

Please emphasize that if you're going to be a burglar, put safety first and be a safe burglar. Prevent accidents, and don't get caught. :wink: :)

Funny thing about theives, they are usually pretty stupid and get themselves in quite the situations. OT can probably tell us some pretty funny stories.

Soapweed said:
Oldtimer: "kid tried to be a safe burglar, but ended up worse than the Apple Dumpling Gang......."

Please emphasize that if you're going to be a burglar, put safety first and be a safe burglar. Prevent accidents, and don't get caught. :wink: :)

This is rancher's wife, I should register myself .

Please emphasize that if you're going to be a burglar, put safety first and be a safe burglar. Prevent accidents, and don't get caught.

I will add please use protection as we don't need lots of little safe buglars running around.

Murgen: "Funny thing about theives, they are usually pretty stupid and get themselves in quite the situations."

You are right, thieves are pretty stupid or they wouldn't be thieves. There are some folks who work harder to steal goods worth a pittance than they would have to work to earn a good reputable honest living. Besides, there is a saying that goes something like, "an honest heart makes a pretty good pillow at night."

you guys can believe it or not, but i used to know a thief, and he's the reason i don't put a bunch of locks on the place. he always said "a lock keeps an honest man out". so ever since i've depended on my dogs to notify me of nefarious goings-on, or, if i'm not home and they can get past the dogs--feel free: i don't have much worth much, but doors are expensive.

never been broke into..

Have to agree with the lock thing-there are too many simple ways to get in anyhow. WE do keep some pastures locked,but it is really a hassle to have a key and then if an hoest neighbor needs in or to put a cow in for you he cannot. Besides the lock and or fence in easy to cut. Cattle theiving going on in southern KS and else where I am sure. You can't be there all the time so I figure that the theives will be the worse off for it. If you have any cattle numbers no way can a person count and be there.that is why the cattle are out to pasture-so we can do other work and not check them every day Have a great weekend!

i'm curious: out here, you could lock the gate to your heart's content, but nothing'd stop someone from cutting the fence and gathering the cattle anyway (especially around here--no brand inspection), so why bother? kansas isn't THAT populated.....

Latest posts